Ammo from Ozz

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Tony Mig, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Since my supply of 7.62 X 51mm was growing shorter by the week....(down to 355 rounds)...and Wolf hasn't put thier version of .308Win on the market yet, I went on a search for cheap, yet decent quality ammo for my M1A.
    I found that Midway USA has the ADI...(Australian made)...7.62 X 51mm military surplus on sale for $34.95 per 200 round can....(plus shipping of course).....This comes with stripper clips and bandilaro's.
    I ordered 4 cans.....(800 rounds).....for a grand total of $139.80, and shipping is an additional $22.46, so for $162.26, or about .20 cents per round, I'll have quite a nice....(short term)...supply that's scheduled to arrive on Oct. 28th.

Now that the SHTF supply will be up to snuff, let'em just try and make it over the sand dunes, or through the salt marshs.....if I can take out a little round clay pigeon at 100 yards, I shouldn't have any problem aiming for the towel shaped hat.....;)
  2. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

WOW!...they told me to expect my ammo on the 28th, and it showed up today....that's fast...!

I'm not sure this stuff is actually ADI, the cans are marked..."AFF-11-8-88" F-4 Ball 7.62mm.....there's a un number, but nowhere on the cans, or the cartridges is there a NATO mark. The cartridge's are markes AF, and 88. They look to be in good condition, the bandos are well made, and they come 5 to a stripper clip....
    Anybody know anything about this stuff.....?
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, I would bet it is Aussie made.....:D :D :D and the date made is 11-8-88 ........:D :D :D :D .

Tony I would bet it will shoot just fine. Nice going! Let us know the results!
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  4. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I burned up the last 150 rounds of the Yugo I had, next weekend I'll give this Aussie stuff a go, and report back.....

BTW....AFF is from the Small Arms Ammunition Factory No. 1, Footscray, Australia.

(according to the IAA website's list of headstamp codes)
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2003