Ammo: Price break on quantity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Awtoman, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

If I want to order some more ammo for a SHTF scenario, can I get a price break for larger quantities? Any legal restrictions? I have a CCW so no legal issues personally. Wher would I go? Local store? Online? One of the members here who are Dealers? Thanks,

Tom
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

There are online stores offering good case prices and that is always the best way to buy. Shipping will not be cheap but it will still make sense in the end. There should be some good deals following the shot show coming up soon so shop around. No restrictions.
  3. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

I've seen it before. It'll be like (these are made up numbers) $4.99/25round. Order 250 rounds (10 boxes) and instead of being $124.99, it'll be like $115. Order 500 rounds, a better deal. Order 1000 rounds, even better. Instead of $499, it might be like $425.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I have always done good with local gun shops, the ones that give me great prices on guns. I'll wait until they place order, give them the money, and wait but have always been happy. What got me into buying from gun shop was his prices. I had been in Fairbanks and paid 26 bucks for a box of 338 fed noslers; local gun shop was 20 bucks.

I bought all my 556 back in late 80's when it was $169/thou; then hauled like 10K to Alaska; what a crazy deal when I think of it today.

Sportsmans Warehouse will give ya a discount if you spend 1-2 gran on say powder, supplies. The discount varies but on most things around 9-10%, but on clothing ect much more.

Here in Alaska, hard to ship, so way easier to buy ammo when gun shop is purchasing theres.
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

I keep a "down-to-the-last-bullet" inventory of all my ammunition, so when I see a sale, I can quickly determine which rounds to buy.

I've bought a lot of bulk ammo online, as the shipping will often be cheaper than the local sales tax, particularly when the online dealer has a sale.

Check out Natchez Shooters Supplies in Chattanooga: http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

I've spent lots of money with them, and their prices and customer service are FANTASTIC.

Plus it's fun to watch the UPS guys haul crates of ammo up your driveway. :)
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea, natchez is actually a sister company to chattanooga shooting supplys which is a supplier that sells only to dealers. They do pretty good on ammo and scopes and alot of things.
  7. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

I've ordered from SGAmmo a few times and love the prices and service. They have the best deal on mosin ammo 7.62x54r at 7.95 a box of brown bear non corrosive. They also have the best shipping prices than any other online store that I have come across. Make sure to check them out!
  8. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Great luck with ammoman.com

Prices include shipping.

Get on their e-mail notification list which is great for letting you know what they've got, sales, etc.

Some people hesitate to "go on record" with orders like these. Don't even know which way to argue that. I've done it so there I am. It WAS kinda interesting when the UPS lady walked up and said, "I've got your ammo." I said in a friendly way, "Now what makes you think it's ammo?" She pointed to the hazmat sticker on the box. Hmmm, so much for stealthly unmarked packages.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  9. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I've been using Ammunition To Go out of Texas. Used up 150 rds of their product today
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Funny you should mention that. I buy my ammo on-line only. The giveaway sticker is ORM-D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORM-D

It covers a lotta stuff, so I'm thinking a heavy package for its size is the giveaway.:p

A couple years ago I was on a buying spree. Uppers, parts, magazines, scopes, tools, you name it. One of the guys in the rec. dept. at work finally asked me if I was building a howitzer. :dontknow::lmao:
  11. medalguy

medalguy Member

Hey, I use a lotta shaving lotion these days.:rolleyes:

The key to price breaks on ammo is to buy it by the pallet. Otherwise it's already discounted and 1-2K is nothing to the online sellers.
  12. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

Thanks for the info, I will check the sites mentioned. Ok, a pallet. What are we talking here. Who sells pallets and what kind of break are we talking here? I might be able to buy a pallet.:)

Tom
  13. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

I haven't seen any pallets for sale but e-mail a few online shops and see what they say. Try SGAMMO they are family run and might be able to help you out, worth a try
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I don't know what large stores are near you, but Gander Mt., and Cabelas, do some good deals on lots of ammo. Their prices are about the same as any deal you can get at a gun show on bulk ammo. http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brow...100188/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104691780?WTz_l=SBC;MM Pick it up at the store, and there is no shipping fees, just local taxes.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012