ammo question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by da357mag, Mar 1, 2010.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I have a CZ452 special and have shot about 350-400 rounds thru it. I have read that these rifles like sub sonic ammo. where I live its rather hard to find
    alot of different ammo, (Medford OR). I did find some remington sub sonic and
    got a couple of boxes just to try, well tonight I orderd 5 boxes of Agila sub-
    sonic and 5 sv boxes I also orderd a 6-24x44AO Millet scope. The one I have
    is ok, but im having trouble with eye relife, can't find the "spot" where it is
    comfortable. I read the history of the millet company and after Ray and Betty
    Millet lost there son Tom to a rare illness they sold the company to Bushnell
    who makes the scopes and kept there name on them. I have had 3 Bushnell
    scopes, two 4x scopes and one 3-9x40 that I have on an air rifle now. So
    if the scope is made by bushnell I think it will work fine. I never had any problems with the others that I had, so I rekon it can't hurt to try it for the
    price, if it dosn't work ill just put it on something else. sorry about the long
    post, my question is does anyone have experence with sub-sonic ammo in a
    CZ? And second does anyone had anything to do with Millet scopes?I know
    they have been making rings and mounts for a long time, just wondreing
    about there scopes. Thanks in advance.:D DA
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i have been usung both sub sonic and cb caps in my squirril rifles for a long time.less crack then shorter recovery time for quiet.sub sonic simply means the bullet stays below speed to break sound barrier ie no crack.they vary from manufacture to manufacture so if you are going to shoot them then stay with one type-brand.a lot of sub sonic unlike cbs use 60 grain bullets.know that you will lose yardage quickly with either of these so dont think you can shoot long ranges accuratly.......i have used millet rings etc for ages but i have no experience with scopes old semperfi