1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ammo reloaders?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by yosef, Feb 1, 2011.

1. yosef

yosef New Member

hi, im looking for people in northern california that reloads 40 cal, and 9 mm. and also around how much it usually cost to reload ammo.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

welcome to TFF ! Costs vary quite a bit, but this calculator will help you get a good idea :

http://www.handloads.com/calc/loadingCosts.asp

I figure that my plinking loads cost as follows ( all per 100 rounds )

32 SWL - $7.00

32 HR - $7.50

327 Fed - $8.25

45acp - $21.75 ( jacketed bullets )

45Colt - $15.50

38spl - $17.25 ( jacketed bullets )

that should give you a rough idea, hope it helps out.
  3. medalguy

medalguy Member

One of the best ways to really cut costs is to cast your bullets. If that doesn't float your boat, buy cast lead instead of jacketed. Also buy everything in bulk. That means no buying 100 primers at a time, buy 5,000, and buy powder in 8 pound cannisters. For example, buy 5000 Wolf/Tula primers from Powder Valley for $100.00, and 8 pounds of Accurate #5 for $116. They will combine this order so you have one hazmat charge and this will come out to be a lot less than you will pay locally. If you know someone else who reloads, combine your orders or split this with them. That's how you maximize savings.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

as well as get large quantities of one lot number which improves handload consistency over time..

good advice medalguy.
  5. mikld

mikld Active Member

Where in No. CA? I don't reload to save money although I'm sure I do. Reloading is another hobby in itself and I enjoy making precision ammo for my particular guns. I also cast for my 38, .357. .44 Mag. & Spec. and my Wrist Rocket.
  6. yosef

yosef New Member

im in galt near the sacramento/lodi area. all in all ive got around 1500 rounds i want to get reloaded.