1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

AMT Automag vs. S&W 422, which to buy?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Jbobin
    (12/10/02 6:14:07 pm)
    Reply AMT Automag vs. S&W 422, which to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was looking at 2 .22lr pistols: an AMT Automag and a Smith and Wesson 422. The AMT is $215 and the Smith is $175.

I like the profile of the Automag with the vent rib and the barrel, but I am afraid of not finding parts etc for this gun.

Any ideas?

He also has a used Buckmarl with a nice Aimpoint on it for $295....

Jbobin

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/10/02 6:28:56 pm)
    Reply Re: AMT Automag vs. S&W 422, which to buy?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The AMT may have a decent profile; if you are talking about the AutomagII in .22WMRF these pistols have possibly the worst trigger put on a firearm. The ones I've seen had heavy pulls and were very inconsistent. I'd opt for the S&W 422, its a proven product you can get parts for it if need be.

If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/10/02 6:31:15 pm)
    Reply Re: AMT Automag vs. S&W 422, which to buy?
    Hello Jbobin, and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

Are you looking for a plinker or something more for target shooting?

Check back with us, I'm sure other's will add their 2cents worth too

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Jbobin
    (12/11/02 10:36:19 am)
    Reply Re: the automag vs 422
    I am looking for a plinker for my wife. She likes my Dad's High Standard Duramatic. Of course this is after I just purchased a Colt SA Ne Frontier 22LR for her. Money is a little tight, so these two lloked good. However, I think the Automag is probably a .22WMR, not a 22LR. I have yet to see one on 22lr so far.

I am now leaning towards the Buckmark with the scope (which I could remove) or I may just get the 422 and call it good....

Jk