AMT 'Hardballer'

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by berto64, Jan 29, 2007.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

OK, I just bought one o' these and what makes it a 'Harballer' versus a normal 1911? I haven't recieved it yet so I don't know.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

It has a extended combat safety, a loaded chamber indicator, adjustable trigger, and an extended grip safety, it also had fixed or adjustable sights
    That is just the stuff my book says.
  3. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

i mainly think it was there name for that model, the earlier ones were 7" barrels and the later ones were 6"barrels. i had one that had been teflon coated i bought from 358winchester a while back, shot great, sold it to a club member that said he had been looking for one for a long time. the only problem with them is the ejector id welded in. if it breaks or comes off the average joe can't change it himself, other than that the amt hardballer 45 is a pretty good pistola.
    bhk308
  4. omegapd

omegapd New Member

AMT sure got a bad rap, especially when they were lumped into the Ring of Fire with all those Kali lawsuits and junk gun companies. FWIW, High Standard has bought many of their old patents, so expect to see some familiar looking stuff being made under that name.

This is my AMT Govt. Model.

[​IMG]

It's not made to GI specs so I don't know what Govt. has to do with it. If the Hardballer was made in a longer barrel, this is probably the same in the traditional barrel length.

Anyway, it's got an adjustable trigger and adjustable sights. It's my favorite 1911 in my collection. I also looked long and hard for an AMT for years and stumbled across this one in a pawn shop. Snatched it up quick!

I think you'll enjoy yours. Waiting on a range report when it gets there.

EW
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

It's my 2d AMT. The other shoots good but the trigger seems tight. I need to shoot it more maybe and lube it better. They are both pretty in their SS.

I bought them both for $375 or less each.

Thanks for the info.
  6. Sandhills Writer

Sandhills Writer New Member

:) Had a Hardballer for 25 years. Is a great gun for the money. Mine has a fantastic trigger. I did have to replace the extractor last year. I also have Colts, SA, Kimbers and Wilsons. Never any major problems with any of them.:D