1. Marko76

Marko76 New Member

I am just curious as to the worth of this gun, it is an AMT DAO .45 cal. total length is aprox. 5.75 inches I have heard that the company went under several years back, but I have not confirmed that. I bought it 5 yrs. ago from my cousin. Any help will be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

these things bring about 300 to 400 depending on the location. the caliber and size makes them sought after, but as you've noted amt is no longer in business. but i think someone picked up the line of double action only "back-ups" such as the 380 9mm and 45 .. high standard of texas ? but with the plastic pistols becoming the rage the amt was too heavy any had a bad trigger pull they never really caught on
  3. Marko76

Marko76 New Member

Ya, it most definitely does have a stout trigger pull, but WOW!! is it accurate. at 25 yrds I can destroy 2-3 inch circle, and if you've ever shot one, or looked at one, you know how the sights, and the bbl length are. I payed 100 bucks for it 5 yrs ago, so I like it... ;)
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

you got a great deal i have shot one but in 9mm i liked it but oh that trigger
  5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had one in .45. Trigger is as you say STOUT with big letters! I couldnt hit the sandpile behind my target with it. I sold it at a gunshow for $200.
  6. 1sgret

1sgret New Member

Marko,

I also have an AMT DAO 45 ACP. I actually love it. Yes the trigger pull is very hard but this is the safety factor that is usually ignored. It takes a concious effort to fire the weapon. It was not meant for long range shooting. I can hit steel plates at seven yeards every time (and VERY fast). While it is heavy, it carries very nicely. The recoil is a lot less than I thought it would be. I have owned it since Feb 1995.

I would put the value (North East North Carolina) between $350 & $400.