AN AGENT ORANGE LETTER FROM SEABEE VET.

Discussion in 'The VMBB True Story Tellers' started by rooter, Aug 4, 2012.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    As the years have moved by many Vietnam vets have their turn at dealing with one or more of Agent Oranges issues. So I guess it is my turn at bat. What the VA thought was a “fatty” bulge in my right lower leg turned into a surprise for the VA surgeon when she cut open the bulge she said “this is Not what we thought it to be”. Laying on the table a the Haley VA hospital finally having this procedure was not an unpleasant experience the dr. was a small woman about my wife's size with a wit and we conversed the next hour or so as she worked at extraction. When I said well if this is not what you thought does it have a name without hesitation she said “Let's call it George.” Will George turns out to be Malignant Soft Tissue Sarcoma. So they have moved my care to Moffitt hospital across the street in Tampa. Supposed to be one of the top 3 cancer hospitals in the country with the VA picking up the tab. Uncertainty of the road ahead at times seems like one of the days being the 1st guy out the gate at Dong Ha in 68 heading out to work on the road, that word uncertainty was there. Or when in PhuBai I and another guy would on weekly basis head to the water pumping station on the Perfume River. Beautiful drive if you weren't in a mobile crane that sounded VERRRRY loud with brush scrapping along the side. You understand. Anyway the point I wanted to share is this. I filed a claim of course and if needed you should too. I'm not certain of what rating this kicks in BUT, when you die if the the death certificate mentions disability rated items related to death the wife will get lifetime compensation from the VA. Interestingly the local reps. initial response was “It's not on the list!” when I pointed to the item the silent OK was deafening. So do your homework they are human. Perry
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Sorry to hear Chief hope it goes well for you, Prayers from here

they knew all this back in the 70's ..

why cant people be honest ??

hey get in contact with Sam

i sent that investigation into VN troops the joint US and Oz one that was hushed up , i got a hardcopy for you
  3. rooter

Not me Jack...a fellow Seabee who knows I post a lot of general information and wanted me to post it on here....Thank the Lord, my health remains pretty good...the 78 plus years shows wear and tear but doing good still...I doubt there's a jeolous husband who will come collecting a bounty....Chief
  4. rooter

MSG TO PERRY FROM ANOTHER SEABEE:

Good Luck Perry. As I told you at lunch that day, I was diagnosed with Lukemia in Feb and started Life Long chemo at the VA. I have heard nothing on my claim, which I am told is not a good sign. seems as if I might have the wrong kind. On Fathers day I had a severe reaction to the drugs and the VA sent me to the local Hospital. Today I got a letter from the VA saying I did not have Proper Authorization and would have to pay for the visit myself. RED