An armed homeowner’s use of force policy

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nffritos, Apr 10, 2012.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

2. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

That's the dumbest this I have read today. He is an idiot, plain and simple.

OK, if you are worried about it, shoot the first round into the ceiling or off target, but do not ever load a blank into a defensive weapon. Odds are you may actually need that first round to do more than just make noise.

Bad Idea!!!!
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

agreed , he may be a ex cop he may be a instructor , but no way has he done first entry .. blanks ??

oh i can see the story coming

home owner shot dead by intruder

home owners gun had blanks

something goes bang in a dark house and the flash is seen silhouetteing the shooter

you FIRE!! thats instinct if you aint diving for cover

if the first shot is a blank you just made yourself a target in 60% of cases

its as bad as missing ....

a hand gun tactic on a intruder should be a double tap and withdraw ,

then inspect from cover with weapon on target ..

if a threat remains repeat .

if not call your cops and lawyers and remove the intruders weapon to a safe place ( kick it to under cover or out the way )
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  4. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Plus 2.

If someone intrudes into my home, and if I feel the need to draw and point a gun at him or her, then the intruder is dead, because I will shoot to kill. In my opinion there is no other way. If I'm in fear of my life, then there is no way I will let the intruder get the drop on me, or at least not if I can help it.
  5. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I'll do it as soon as EVERY law enforcement officer in the country does it. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would load the 1st 14 rounds live and the blank last.
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

That all good until you both fire at the same time and then the good guy is dead,no wait a minute the dumb____is dead.lol
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The things that make you go :banghead:
  9. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Wow. Wouldn't that be almost as stupid as a "warning" shot?
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The homeowner’s use of force is now dictated by the state in which he lives. Some of us don't have the choice of "Stand your ground" legislation, or Castle doctrine. We never shoot to "KILL", we only shoot to "STOP" a threat. I only practice multiple shots, and never a single shot. If it needs to be stopped, it needs to be stopped right now, man, or beast.

Bradley D. Chapline is a correctional officer for the state of NV, and don't know jack about home defense!
  11. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I do understand the the actual case law regarding the justifiable or excusable (rarely allowed, today) use of potentially lethal force can and does vary greatly from US state to state.

I do know that the use of such actual force often causes the shooter a lot of trouble and grief with the government's legal and court system, the family and friends of the person that you shot, and even persons that you thought were your friends. If one can avoid having to actually use such force, one's subsequent life will likely be less stressed and traumatic.

I do not endorse the police instructor's idea of ever loading a blank in a gun that you would use for self defense; or the old gunfight advice (often attributed to the FBI) to "get off one really fast shot (that likely misses) to rattle your attacker". I opine that both are good ways to get yourself (or someone with you) seriously injured or killed.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Ain't that the truth! I hope, and pray, that I never have to use one of my guns in a self defense situation, anywhere, at anytime! It can surely ruin your life!
  13. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Agree with Carver. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
  14. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

Someone brought up a good point; is a "popper" or a blank powerful enough to reliably cycle the next round, or would you be standing there, holding a useless gun while the bad guy slowly grins and gets his pistol lined up on you?
  15. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

"Someone brought up a good point; is a "popper" or a blank powerful enough to reliably cycle the next round"

Gary Cooper is alleged to have used a Luger in the Sgt. York movie because blanks would not cycle a 1911 pistol.