An Old Jaeger?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by DeeDubya, Nov 8, 2012.

1. DeeDubya

DeeDubya New Member

Greetings from Texas. This crusty, paint spattered percussion might have some history. For sure the 2 notches (stock, next to bbl) are not scratches but intentional cuts. It's around 69cal and is rifled. No marks that are still legible. Rosewood trigger guard. Set trigger adjusted to 1 oz and still works.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. musketshooter

musketshooter New Member

Very interesting gun. I am surprised that it does not have a patchbox. Most Jagers do. The style of the lock indicates it is an early original percussion, not a flint conversion. It should be about a 62 cal rifled gun. Here are pictures of my early jager. It is a percussion conversion form the flint. THe bore is a transition type between smooth and rifled. The grooves are straight. It has a brass strap reinforced wooden trigger guard and a wood sliding patch box cover.

Attached Files:

3. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

That looks like a rifle restocked from a number of parts.
  4. DeeDubya

DeeDubya New Member

No telling what the history is. It was from an old German family and you know how they like to do things themselves, although some were quite adept.
  5. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

I like Yeager Rifles. This is a custom by Zihn a .58 Caliber. A swamped round bottom rifled 31" Longhamoch Barrel.:):)

Attached Files: