The Firearms Forum banner

How do you carry a gun in public most frequently?

• Concealed

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Open

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Inside the Waistband (IWB)

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Outside the Waistband (OWB)

• Pocket Holster

• Ankle Holster

• Shoulder Holster

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • In a bag, purse, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't carry a gun in public.

An Updated "How Do You Carry?" Thread

3K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Zepher6 
#1 ·
Just like the tread where I asked about carry guns, I want to know what we are all using to carry our guns around. I know what I do right now, but maybe seeing that enough people prefer something else may prod me to try a new way.

Please describe the way you carry a gun most frequently.

#2 ·
Really depends on the weather which directly impacts the clothes i wear.

With a jacket, or the like, OWB concealed.

T-shirt and shorts/ pants, IWB concealed.

Shirt tucked in (duty), ankle holster.

#3 ·
I just shifted from concealed carry ( usually a pocket pistol or a 1911 in a Fobus on the hip, cleverly concealed by a hoodie) to open carry. Believe me, I prefer open carry.

#5 ·
I just like it because I'm not worried about "printing" or my hoodie rising up and exposing my pistol if I bend over to pick up something. I am a klutz, so I drop just about everything. Open carry also says to the world that I know my God Given rights and I'll exercise them regardless of the possible cost.

#7 ·
Primary carry:
XD sub 40 IWB, Little Foxx holster. Going to try a Crossbreed Supertuck. Cargo Shorts (year round), shirt not tucked in

Alternate carry:
LCP, Blackhawk pocket holster. This setup for when I cannot conceal my XD sub

Alternate carry #2:
Plan to purchase XDs, probably 9mm. I plan to carry this in summer time as an option to my XD sub

#9 ·
"Most" of the time it's concealed and OWB at 4 o'clock-ish for me. Spare magazine 8 o'clock-ish.

#10 ·
Depends on weather.

Kimber pro carry ii.

Summer time shorts and a tee shirt IWB. Winter I'm OWB. But always concealed.

Personal preference. People around these parts seem to be a bit uncomfortable with guns in the open. So I try to hide it. But I never leave home without it. :)

#11 ·
If I'm dressing up, shoes, shorts, and a button up shirt, it's OWB, Yaqui style belt slide holster, and usually one of those Hawaiian shirts. The holster on the belt is for the 1911. There's another pistol in my right front pocket that is usually a .38+P. If I'm dressing casual, shorts, T shirt, and flip flops, then it's the Smart Carry System, again carrying the 1911, with the LCP in the right front pocket. http://smartcarry.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=29

#13 ·
The first four years of carrying it was IWB. Last week got my High Noon "Topless" model leather holster for my EMP and now its OWB and I'm more comfortable.

#14 ·
Concealed or open depends on how I'm dressed. T shirt would be open carry. Button up Hawaiian shirt would be concealed as would a polo shirt but I always carry my primary OWB. Back-up goes on the ankle.

#16 · (Edited)
Primary carry:
XD sub 40 IWB, Little Foxx holster. Going to try a Crossbreed Supertuck. Cargo Shorts (year round), shirt not tucked in

Alternate carry:
LCP, Blackhawk pocket holster. This setup for when I cannot conceal my XD sub

Alternate carry #2:
Plan to purchase XDs, probably 9mm. I plan to carry this in summer time as an option to my XD sub
Updated:
Primary carry:
XD sub 40 - Comp-TAC Minotaur MTAC holster - Wilderness 1.5" Trainer belt - 5.11 mag holster

Alternate carry #1:
XDS 3.3 9mm - Comp-TAC Infidel holster - Wilderness 1.5" Trainer belt - 5.11 mag holster

Alternate carry #2:
LCP - Blackhawk pocket holster - KNJ double mag holster

#19 ·
I carry either a full size or a commander 1911 24/7 365 on my belt with shirt out and have for alot of years. I cant remember not being armed. I am hoping one day for open carry to become legal. I would probably never conceal again unless it were a BUG...

Reactions: Guts3d
#20 ·
There was an article on-line yesterday. Probably still there. It said an OC was approached and asked to see his weapon. Before the OC had a chance to do anything, the guy that approached him pulled his own weapon, and took the OC's.

#22 ·
ohhh, this scares me.........not....

#24 · (Edited)
I wear nothing but 5.11 clothing. I have 10 sets of pants, and 10 sets of shirts (size 2XL), mostly in O.D. green. When asked, are those the only type clothes I own, my response is, yep! When asked why, my response is: "cause I don't give a ship, any other questions?" 99% of the time, that ends the questioning.
I carry 1 J frame in each arm pit with 2 ea. spd. loaders. I have a H&K P-7, M8 in an I/W/B at the pancreas position with 6 spare mags. In my front pants pocket a Beretta 21A .22, no spare unless I'm wearing my 5.11 O.D. vest. In my other pocket is a 4 shot, 3 inch, Freedom Arms .22 Mag. 1st round to be fired, snake shot (250 pellets, takes the eyes out.) In the slash pocket of my shirt is a Glock 42 with 1 mag. in a rear pants pocket.
Now, does anyone have any idea that I'm carrying? No, I look like an old, fat (I'm not fat) derelict in need of a shave. That's the way I dress and go armed all the time, even when going to church. Little do the other parishioners know, that I'm the official security person.
I'm just an old derelict with a bad attitude that doesn't give a ship.
Oh yeah, I carry numerous knives about the body and a small hand axe in my other rear pocket.
P.S.
When I had my last physical, I weighed all that essential ( miscellaneous gear.) It topped out at 21 lbs.
Aren't 5.11 clothes great????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.