And here we go

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by bcj1755, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100220...DeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2F0dGFja29uaXJzcA--

Now it seems the "fair and impartial" media is implying that anyone who protests against the IRS is now a threat. I guess that would include people that go to TEA parties because I seem to recall that some of them think that taxes are too high. Make sure you never say anything negative about the IRS now, or you're a threat:rolleyes:

We should all be cheerful when paying our tithes to our lord and messiah King-Emperor Barack I.:rolleyes:
  2. topper

topper New Member

Our society as a whole has, IMO, been 'conditioned' to believe in the lies that the government is here to serve us. What a bunch of bunk. "The people should control and support the government, NOT the government controlling and supporting the people". So, therefore I am under the understanding that income taxes and for most other taxes are simply collected by instilling fear into people by using bullying tactics like audits and threats of prison to achieve the end result...collecting taxes. We the people, have no say about how our hard earned money is taken and spent. So in essence it is a form of taxation without representation. That is what the early american colonists fought so hard against and eventually won and now it has raised it's ugly head again. Why was Income tax and SS tax instituted without being voted on by the people? Because it would surely fail and the government could not allow their 'cash cow' to die. All manner of taxation should be voted on by the people, not forced on us by a bloated, money hungry, power drunk government that has no accountability to the people.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

topper,
    Thanks for saving me all that typing.
    Or.........oh.......ah.......
    +1
    What he said. :D
  4. obxned

obxned New Member

Even IRS people can't figure out what the tax code actually means. How can anyone be sure they are not in violation of some sub-section or revision? A politically favored few can pay their taxes when or if they feel like it, while the rest of us could loose everything we have worked for and even our freedom based on how some bureaucrat interprets an obscure line in the tax code on a particular day.

The question isn’t can this bunch of thugs cause so much frustration in a citizen that he feels the only reasonable way out is a suicidal attack, but why it doesn’t happen more often.
  5. larryg

larryg New Member

Abolish the IRS, Lets go with the FairTax. This would get rid of the IRS as it exists. Individuals would no longer file taxes, just document family size.
  6. walien

walien Former Guest

Really, where exactly do you see that? I skimmed through the article and didn't see anything like that. Also, one person doing an opinion piece doesn't mean that he represents the overall opinion of the media.

I read a full newspaper today and went through two news sites and didn't get any overall idea that anyone who protests against the IRS is now a threat. By the way, flying a plane into a building is not a protest, but an act of terror. There's a rather stark difference between that and any group getting together to protest or vote en masse in one direction.

I don't know, it seems a majority think it is broken....

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/21/poll.broken.govt/index.html?hpt=T2
  7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

walien,

We know that you agree that anyone who disagrees with the IRS an evil, right-wing extremist. We also know that anyone who won't bow down and worship your messiah Obama is an evil right-wing extremist. And we know that you agree with Biden that paying taxes is a patriotic duty and we should happy to do it. There, I just said everything that you would say in any relies you'd make, so I saved you some time.:rolleyes:

You'll notice that the Southern Poverty Law Center is quoted in this article as a group that tracks extreme organizations. So now the SPLC is tracking tax protesters as a threat?:rolleyes: You'll remember that the SPLC is one of the groups that equate disagreeing with Obama with being a member of the Klan or a right-wing militia.

Oh, by the way...did i speel thaat rite? iz mi gramur corewreck?:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh yeah walien,

Since you repeatedly claim not to be a liberal (but yet you seem to support every left-wing, marxist, liberal, progressive idea spewed forth by King-Emperor Barack I), then maybe you could tell us why you post here? You do realize that this is a firearms forum, right? So how many guns do you own? What kind? How often do you shoot? Which is your favorite? How long have you been shooting?

I'm expecting you to not even bother answering this one because you're a liberal troll who's only purpose here is to stir up trouble and to "teach" and "educate" us about the glory of The Great Hussein, King-Emperor Barack I, His Great Awesomeness and All-Knowing Teleprompter.

Until you answer this question, I will ignore you for being the troll that you are.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  9. red14

red14 Active Member

I don't know if the fair tax is the right thing to do. But, I do like the concept of FAIR. The only true, fair tax , is one that applied equally, all the time. IF there is a tax, that can be fair it is a sales tax. Of course, that is usually a state tax. I always thought national taxes were temporary?
  10. topper

topper New Member

The only "fair tax" , IMO, is a national sales tax on all products, except food items for human consumption. The sales tax also means that the super rich, tax evaders and other 'tax cheats' will be required to pay tax on what they buy. States should also elimanate all state income taxes and use only sales taxes for income. Income tax is just unfair, but sales tax is fair to all.
  11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The fair tax is grossly unfair to seniors. We have worked all our lives and paid our fair share and now you want us to pay your share as well. Once you retire your income is much less and now having a 35% cost increase on every item we purchase is obscene. I'm 62 and plan to live a lot more years but not in poverty because others don't wish to pay their fair share.
  12. topper

topper New Member

I am retired and on a very limited income and not able to work either because of a physical handicap, but I would much rather pay a sales tax on items I buy rather than play the stupid IRS game of income tax every year. Either we scrimp and save throughout the year and get back a big refund or get more monthly on retirement and owe the government at the end of the year. Some choice. Sales tax will go up, no doubt, but it is happening with income tax, it goes up also and is not a fair type of tax to the poor and middle class, IMO, only the rich benefit because they can find loopholes in the tax code and tax shelters and reduce their taxes. It is just not right that the government tax it's citizens on income earned. That income is what I worked for and I don't think the government has any right to it. Sales taxes everyone has to pay, rich and poor alike, but if ya buy more, then ya pay more, simple as that. But it will probably never happen because congress won't kill off the cash cow they have now.

We need another 'Tea' party.
  13. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

If you can't afford to pay 10% or 15% on taxable income how will you afford to pay 27%-35% on everything you buy? Don't believe the proponents that say it won't be on food or items like that. The government will use it to put forth their agenda. Soda's with sugar, chips, beer, taxable, anything the govenment doesn't like put a tax on it. Plus how will anyone afford to buy anything when this crashes the economy such that you will think we are in good times right now.
  14. larryg

larryg New Member

I am not an expert on the FairTax but I have read a lot on it. There is definitely a lot of misunderstanding of it. I will try to explain a few things here and answer any questions I can.

As proposed it will tax every new item including food, drugs, housing etc. There will be a monthly prebate of the FairTax based on Family size and poverty level. This will remove the tax from essential items without the games that are played on food, drugs etc with state sales taxes.

The current FairTax rate is 23%. Personally I think they made a mistake in quoting this as an inclusive tax rate which was done to match the way income tax is done. However this confuses people, even the FairTax public speakers have a hard time explaining this. If the quoted exclusive rate like sales tax it is closer to 30% which is easier to understand.

The FairTax replaces all federal income, social security, medicare and inheritance taxes on individuals and businesses

All items are only taxed once so used items are not taxed.

Prices will not go up as much as the tax as businesses no longer pay income tax or the large compliance cost either and competition will force them down.

FairTax will not take effect until the income tax amendment is repealed.