And/Or Express Your Political Concerns

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by The_Rifleman, Feb 10, 2010.

1. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

I have been having a hard time finding a firearms forum that either will not berate me for shooting well with my 30-30, or (this was a new one,) does not understand the "written in stone" aspect of the 2nd Amendment.

I have left 3 or so sites in the last 4 months, evidently because my lever action shoots better than assorted members bolt actions.
    I know I might rub people the wrong way because I shoot every day and post a range report once a week. Usually I'll hit all my targets in that week, (this week, not so much,) so some members take offense and mention their disbelief in threads that need not be mentioned.
    I will not stand for that, and I will not wait for a moderator to do something, I'll just leave keeping all my 40+ years of shooting experience for another site.

So, if posting range reports are going to be problematic, now is the time to say this place is not for me. I don't want to waste my time, again!

Secondly, I just left a site where they welcomed my range reports. The only problem was; when I ventured into their politics section, I realized they were for the most part, anti-2nd Amendment. I saw one person that was pro-2nd Amendment and they were labeled a "troll."

So, I really need to know that here, most people consider the 2nd Amendment as the bottom line when it comes to firearms law! Most importantly, that when it says, "the people" that means, all "the people." As in...
    If someone was diagnosed as ADD-ADHD as a child, it would be unconstitutional to deny them firearms ownership.
    If someone is addicted to tobacco, alcohol, what have we; it would also be unconstitutional to deny them firearms ownership.
    If someone is convicted with a felony, say "Drunkenness," to deny them firearm ownership is unconstitutional.

Those are all Brady Bill "infringe[ments]" of the 2nd Amendment; and if I am only one of two members on this site that understands that, please tell me now so I don't waste anymore of anyone's time.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a revolutionary, I just believe strongly in The Constitution!

I'll leave you with a video so you can see what a typical range report consists of.
    Last 3 of 4 Shots, 30-30 Winchester, 4 x 5" Steel, 300 Yards.

Thank you for your time!
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I speak only from my experiences on this forum, as I am not a forum officer or an 'old-timer', so bearing in mind that these comments are only from my 'perspective':

If it shoots, there's probably someone on here that shoots it well. Pretty well everyone here understands that good firearms are not limited to any one configuration.

This is a strong second amendment site. You will be flamed if you question the motives of the NRA or any of the other firearm lobby groups. Likewise, you'll be flammed if you even remotely suggest that the 'loyal opposition' (as defined by the flamer) might have done something positive.

You will be rightly chastised for 'name-calling', as it's just not necessary to get one's point across, and it really isn't part of the culture here.

If you suggest anything less than saint-hood is adequate for ms palin, expect her loyal followers to rise and verbally thrash you. But, it's a good-natured thrashing, LOL! It's mostly 'cut and paste' but 45nut (who is the unofficial leader of the saint-hood movement, and an unofficial friend) and I have some folk actually thinking on their on, now.

If you make a bodacious statement, check your spelling.

As far as range reports go, I really don't pay any attention to them. Everyone that posts range reports usually have the 'absolute, best, can't miss, gol-durn rifle/revolver/pistol, etc ever made'. If you shoot a good group and wanna brag about it, take a photo and have a witness sign it. Doing so really adds a level of validity. Most folk seem to be more interested in malfunctions and what corrected them.

I am told we have a 'resident troll'. I am auditioning for the position of 'Resident Curmudgeon'.

Oh, and WELCOME! There's lots of experience here, and more than a few laughs (some even intended!), as well.
    Johnny
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day and welcome

Range reports suck,

took my new girly to the range today

she did excellent for a first timer , i'm proud of her :D

i totally screwed the pooch on everything i did

dont ask.. its that sad eh

oh well

glad your here

even though i'm a aussie dont be surprised if i jump in on the political side

as for the rest

hey its a free world ( or some of us like to think so even if in reality its getting less and less so)

the mods run a nice ship here

join in play nice and i'm sure we'll have fun along the way to destruction thanks to the powers that be

and yeah i know some other sites are total hoovers , thats life too eh

but that aint here ;)

cheers eh

jack
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Welcome to the forum. Not every forum is a good fit for every individual, but this is one of the best in any subject category I have found.
  5. petesusn

petesusn New Member

She speaks the truth.

mrk, I couldn't have said it better.

Rifleman, I have some disagreement about alcoholics and felons with guns but we can't all agree all the time. None the less welcome to this forum. You may enjoy it here
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The_Rifleman, that's some good shooting. Welcome aboard! I think you may have found a home. And I agree with your views on the 2nd. I know several people that did something stupid way back when they were young, yet to this day, 30 someodd years later, they still can't own a firearm, and that's just not right.
  7. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I don't know about the rest of the members but you have to really go out of your way to get someones goat on this forum. They are a bunch of nice people and seem to know a whole bunch about firearms. I think i am safe in saying if you are looking for a place you can have meaningful and informative dialogue this is the place.

I even suppose you can be radical about a subject as long as you don't try forcing it down others throats,but i have not seem that here, you have a right to your opinion even if no one agrees with it.

So welcome to the forum and get to posting oh yea we even have a chat room you can go to.
  8. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

Who cares about your lever action and your reports. Report and shoot what you like.

re: gun control?

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall."

Adolf Hitler
  9. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

Have lots of backup with forums same as with guns.

Nowadays you must get your journalism from all sources. The TV is biased as well as most newspapers, magazines, etc., Bill Moyers used to have a pretty good show on PBS. But he is retiring. He is the last of the dinosaurs when it comes to fair journalism.

Here are some sites for keeping track on what is going on

http://www.doomers.us/forum2/

http://www.politicalforum.com/

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/

Great podcasts, Download and make CDs and listen to in your car or while cooking if short on time.

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/

http://www.metrofarm.com/mf_Food_Chain_Radio.php

Another great podcasts source.

http://peakoil.com/forum.html

http://www.whenshtf.com/index.php

Banned me for s short time due to Christian bias that did not like what I posted about religion.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/

never would let me join and full of garbage and hard to navigate through...but offers some gems if you dig through the mess.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=10

Mostly a bunch of knuckleheads with AR's. But some good stuff here and there.

http://motherjones.com/

http://www.libertyaholic.com/

http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/vb/index.php

Another Christian based site that banned me when I bad mouthed the delusional religions most people get sucked into. Still, lots of good 'how to' info.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  10. larryg

larryg New Member

Rifleman, since you are from Ohio you may also want to check out Buckeye Firearms I like both of these forums but you will get a lot more state specific discussions at Buckeye Firearms
  11. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Welcome!

Very nice shooting. I don't think anyone here will get on your case about either the range reports or the strong stance on the 2nd Amendment.

Personally, I think I should be able to own and shoot anything available to the military, short of nuclear weapons. There, I said it. No, I'm not kidding.
  12. red14

red14 New Member

Welcome, Rifleman, post what you want. If I don't like it, I won't read it.

Piney, pretty much says it all.
  13. tim.sr

tim.sr New Member

Hello and by the way we all like photos
  14. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Hey, welcome, Mr. Rifleman ! Hard to believe that people would
    critique your shooting skills or you political beliefs as expressed
    on Al Gore's interweb. I have seen many mule deer shot at long
    distance with 30-30's. Don't remember seeing any 2nd Amendment
    anti's on this site. Again, welcome and hope to see your future posts.
  15. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

Beware the man with only one rifle he shoots a lot !!

Welcome aboard !! >MW
  16. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome Rifleman;

I absolutely love my Winchester 30-30. It was my 1st deer rifle and I've had it for over 35yrs.

I haven't been around that long; but there are things I know about this forum.

First; the members here are better than any other forum I'm on.

Second; the mods are fairly lenient and handle ther job in a very professional manner.

Third; As far as the 2nd AM, you'll be hard pressed to find stronger support. For that matter, "positive" contributions are welcome in any thread. But, be prepared to be taken to task if you're trolling or begin making outlandish claims about "anything".
  17. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Welcome Rifleman.

I'm probably one of the few on this Forum who doesn't have a 30-30. The only reason I don't have one is because I always found something else I wanted more. I do have a Win.95 30-40, see my photo album. Can't shoot as well but I shoot several different firearms and enjoy every one of them.

A good rifleman can take up any firearm and get credible results. All of my firearms (the shooters) are more accurate than my skills would justify. Go ahead and post your range reports but I prefer tall tales.

As for the Second Amendment and the U.S. Constitution, they are written in stone because they are a CONTRACT between the people and the U.S. Govt. The U.S. Govt leadership is made up almost entirely of lawyers who never saw a contract they didn't want to find a way to nullify. They haven't been real successful so they act as though it has no real power to restrict Government and abuse and shout down any who oppose them. The 111th Congress has been the most dam*ing Congress in the history of the U.S. and that is saying something considering the last 20 years.

As far as felons, what ever happened to people paying their debt to society by serving out their sentences? After they have served their time, shouldn't their rights be restored to them?

I have a real problem with Congress and Govt. agencies drip, drip, drip of regulations culling first one group then another from exercising Constitutional rights. This all started with the Laughtenberg amendment which disarmed those even accused of domestic violence. No day in Court. Or just plead guilty to this misdemeanor charge and you won't have the expense and trouble of going to trial. OK, now turn in all your guns. WHAT?? 'Too bad you signed'.

Take Ritalin, turn in your guns.

Whats next?

We too believe in the Constitution and today that is tantamount to being a Revolutionary according to DHS.

Welcome to TFF. You are going to like it here.
  18. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I'm not kidding either. I feel the same way.
  19. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Welcome, Rifleman. What model 30-30 do you have? I have a Marlin 336.
    My experience with this site has been nothing but good. A lot of good and knowledgeable people here. Hope you enjoy!
    Oops! Sorry, I missed it in your post.
  20. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I follow Glenn Beck pretty close. Reason being is he believes strongly in the constitution and 2nd amend rights. I probably wouldnt waste my time on a sight that was anti-2nd amend. So, as far as your lever action goes, well, more power to ya. If you can shoot better than me with a bolt action then good for you. Welcome aboard. And remember my name just in case someone gives you any problem with the 2nd amend. I will gladly join you in silencing them. Come see us in the saloon sometime.....