And the sadness sets in...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobitis, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'll start here.

My current avatar is in memory of Kent Mundell Jr. He was my brothers partner.
    2 years ago tomorrow, my brother had a day off, so their Seargent filled his seat.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/opinion/tag/kent-mundell/

During this holiday season, please take a moment to remember those that gave all.

http://www.fallenofficersremembered.org/events/project-blue-light/

Not all cops are bad cops. This just hits too close to home. I could easily have been speaking at my brothers memorial, instead of him at his friends.

Just a moment of yer time is all I ask. May God bless the peace keepers.

I've several links to his life and memorial service if anyones interested.

Thanks for reading.
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Thanks for posting this, Bob. We can never do enough for those who are on the front lines.
  3. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    May GOD Bless him & his Family.
    I'll get one of those Jewish single lights & Blue bulbs in the morning.

Broward Sheriff's just lost a man a few months back also.
    Before the Holidays realy gotta be hard.
    God bless

Capt. Mac
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

This comes 3 weeks after 4 officers were gunned down in his former precinct. :mad:

All the perps are dead, but they got the LEO's 5-2. :(

Thanks for the responses.
  5. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

6. geds

geds New Member

That is why officers have my utmost respect. They never know what they will face on the next call. Bless them all!
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

AMEN!!!

Call them every name in the book, some deserved, but they'll be the first people you call when things go wrong...

God bless and look upon our LEO's
  8. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I was wondering about your new avatar. Now I know....... Sorry, Bob
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i was wondering too. i'm sorry for your loss. :(

LEO's have my respect. when i see them, especially if they are on a stop, i try to pray for them right then. (i try to do this also for our fire fighters. they both have largely thankless jobs, but they are so valuable to us.)
  10. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

With posts like yours his memory will live on. Thanks for sharing with us and wish you the best in this time of sadness.
  11. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

My heart goes out to all LEO and those who protect us. Below is for a buddy of mine that I went to high school with. Killed while I was overseas. Sorry SOB that shot him got life w/o parole.

William Eric Freeman
    Huntsville Police Department, Alabama

End of Watch: Saturday, December 15, 2007
    Badge # 364
    Incident Date: 12/14/2007

Officer William Freeman was shot and killed when he and his partner responded to an automobile accident on Bailey Cove Road, near Weatherly Road, at approximately 8:45 pm. When they arrived at the scene they located one of the subjects sitting on a curb.

As they approached the subject and attempted to arrest him for DUI, the man produced a handgun and shot Officer Freeman in the face. The other officer, with the help of two bystanders, was able to subdue the suspect and take him into custody. The suspect was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Officer Freemen was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his wounds the following morning.

Officer Freeman had served with the Huntsville Police Department for 3 years. He is survived by his wife and five children.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had only been on the force for less that a year, when two detectives stopped 2 kids in an alley downtown, in a large city. ( Dets. Hayes and Shaffer ). One kid was 14, the other 15. The 14 year old snatched Shaffer's gun and killed them both.

This happened in the days when killing a police officers made national news. Both cops were great guys. Well liked by the public due to their helping people out when they could.

They were both caught. How? A minister of their family called the press and told them they wanted to surrender. When the police were contacted, they went to the location ( in a sewer drain ). Also in the drain were both parents, the minister and the press.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

losing mates sucks, and when they are like cops or soldiers or ambo and they get killed protecting us , it's more , its wrong , every single one , and why we owe them so much ..
    we as in all of us everywhere ..

it'll be 10 years in Feb when a real brother to me was killed in action and its still raw today

I'm sorry for your mate Bob, i wish i could help , but i doubt i can , God does though ..

Prayers to you and all the officers friends and family

i got told hurting when you remember passed mates is good ..

it shows how much they are still with you ..

cheers eh
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that Bob my heart is with him and family
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest