Anger management

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ampaterry, Nov 18, 2011.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

OK, I figured some of you might enjoy this incident that happened to me yesterday.

I had my pre-surgical testing yesterday, including doing the paperwork for my upcoming surgery on Monday. Right up front, the gal behind the desk said "Your part of this surgical expense, according to your insurance company, is $4400.
    I flipped.
    I jumped up and said "Cancel the whole thing, I can live without this!

Then I walked quickly out of her office and out of the hospital.
    Then I sat down, because that rapid movement had set this #$& hernia off again and I was in pain.
    The ONLY relief when this happens is to stick my hand into my crotch and apply pressure to the area.
    Due to the pain, I did indeed change my mind and we went back inside and scheduled the surgery.

Afterward, trying to improve my mood, we went to Crown of East Chinese buffet in Clarksville - my favorite spot.

I, of course, still had to hold my crotch while I walk to alleviate the pain -

So here I am, walking in to this great place with one hand on my privates doing for the whole world what looks like a Michael Jackson impression.
    REALLY feel conspicuous at such times, and silently berate myself for moving quickly and bringing this on.

At the end of the meal, I opened my fortune cookie and was unable to breath for laughing.
    It said:

"He who hurries cannot walk with dignity".

Still laughing, I grabbed my crotch and we walked out.
    Slowly.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Are you trying to tell us that fortune cookies can really fortell your fortune?:eek: Just kidding, a good story though! I liked it!:D
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

:lmao2::lmao2:That IS funny, but not the $4400.00. I'd check that out with my insurance company. In any event it doesn't sound like you can avoid surgery much longer. And quit grabbing your groinulars in public. That could be embarrassing for a man of the cloth.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. 45nut

45nut New Member

Oh Man, that sounds painful. Does the hernia hurt when you moonwalk?? :eek: :D :D

lookie here

BTW, did you ever find the other glove?????????? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  5. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Owww! I think I got a hernia laughing at (with) you! Best of luck 'cause pain ain't funny. Don't do any more MJ impressions!:D
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Sorry to hear Terry, $4400 as your share ? sheeesh
  7. ampaterry

Thanks, guys -

No moonwalking for a while - -

Fortune cookies are FUN, every now and then.

Some years ago at a family dinner out, Judy opened hers and our daughter was reading it over her shoulder -
    Suddenly, Tracy SNATCHED the fortune out of her moms hand and said "You don't need THAT!!"

The fortune said "You need to be more assertive!"
    To those that know Judy, that is FUNNY!!

Sometime later, Judy and I were out and opened our fortune cookies.

Mine said "Good things are being said about you!"

Judy's said "Pay no heed to vain words of Lying tongue"

I carried that pair in my wallet for years -
  8. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'd tell them to collect from obozo care.

In the mean time, do you think some duct tape would work :D
  9. reflex1

reflex1 Active Member

Hey Terry - when reading those little fortune strips - add these two words and see how funny they are ---> "in bed"!!!
  10. ampaterry

Gosh, that DOES add a new dimension, doesn't it Reflex?
    LOL!!

To the cost:
    I checked and found that this NEW hospital is NOT in the Humana network yet.
    Therefore, instead of paying something like 95 bucks, I have to pay 20%.
    The entire surgery is $22,000, so my part is $4,400.

Now I COULD have gone back to my PCP and started over with a different surgeon that works in a different hospital that IS in network. This time, that process took around five weeks.
    I don't think I could handle another five weeks of this, even using duct-tape.

Plus, the surgeon I have is the absolute BEST, so I am biting the bullet and going ahead with this on Monday.
    But from now on, I WILL check - even if the Dr. is IN network, I have to make sure the hospital they use is too!
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery and don't read any forturne cookies til you're healed up; Barry's advice may just cause alot more pain from laughing too hard ! :D