angle of trigger shoe on newer muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by wpshooter, Mar 3, 2011.

1. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

I am looking for a new muzzleloader to use next fall and I have been noticing that on all of the pictures of these guns that I am seeing on the manufacturers and other websites, that the trigger shoe on these guns seems to be angled sharply from the upper back of the trigger guard toward the bottom front of the trigger guard, i.e. they do not come out of the stock/recevier of the gun at more or less at a 90% angle like most of the older muzzleloaders I have seen in the past.

Why this change in angle of the trigger on these guns ?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. rdstrain49

rdstrain49 New Member

I'll admit I don't get to town much, but I don't think I've ever seen a trigger shoe on a ML:confused:
  3. rammed

rammed New Member

Hell I'd even know what a trigger shoe is. :eek:
  4. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

Yes, apparently not !!!
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I suspect you are talking about the trigger guard.

Then again, you do ask about the trigger itself.

So, I guess I don't know, either. :D

Give us a picture or a link so we can see what you are asking about. ;)

Pops
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I guess I fall into the same pot. Ain't never heard of anyone putting a shoe on a muzzle loader. Ain't never heard of one on a rifle, for that matter.

Trigger shoe - thingy screwed to the trigger to make it wider, and therefore make the trigger pull feel lighter.

[​IMG]

One in place.

[​IMG]
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

We put them on our target rifles all the time, back when I was shooting farther than I can see. I had never seen one on a pistol.

Pops
  8. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    congrats,not trying to insult you but you sure have confused some of the most knowledgable gun people here including me.i think a picture or a drawing of both types may help us poor folks to help you out. old semperfi
  9. rdstrain49

rdstrain49 New Member

old semperfi;

With all due respect sir, I was confused well before I ever read wpshooter's post:)