Ann Coulter upsets Howie and the DNC

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, Mar 3, 2007.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Howard Dean Demands GOP Candidates Denounce Ann Coulter for Referring to John Edwards as a 'Faggot'

Friday, March 02, 2007

Democratic Party boss Howard Dean demanded that Republican presidential candidates denounce conservative columnist Ann Coulter after she referred to Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards as a ‘faggot’ during a speech Friday at a national conservative gathering.

Coulter, who was addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C., said:

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I - so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards."

Members of the audience seemed startled, then many clapped, and she proceeded to open the floor to questions, reported EditorandPublisher.com

After her comments, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued a press release expressing his outrage. Dean called Coulter’s remarks ‘hate-filled and bigoted.’

“While Democrats and Republicans may disagree on the issues, we should all be able to agree that this kind of vile rhetoric is out of bounds. The American people want a serious, thoughtful debate of the issues,” the press release read.

Link to article
  2. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:eek: she said it, but we were all thinkin it...:p ;) :D

should i be embarrassed that i laughed out loud reading that article?!:eek: :D
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

:D

Attached Files:

4. The Democrates and the left in general will take any opportunity they see to denegrate Ann Coulter. The bottom line is that they fear her, and they fear her precisely because she tells it like it is! More power to her! :cool:
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

GO Ann.......:D
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:eek: Well, this is the Politically Incorrect section, But I'm sorry Ann stooped that low. IMHO it is one thing to refer to someone like that in a personal conversation, but to do it in a speech, was kinda over the line.

I listened to the video, It seemed liked she was making a joke, & it caught the audience a little off guard. It is some fodder for the Liberal news media, for sure. A lot of Repubs are putting some distance between them & Ann. The PC crowd hates the N-word & F-word, not that I'm that PC. But I feel the name-calling like that on a personal level, does nothing for the Conservative cause.

Now, the other day we had the Hillary book review censored, because of the other F-word. I don't think Ann's comment was any nicer.

my .02
  7. Indian Creek 1

Indian Creek 1 Member

Hahaha Bruce youre funny:D :D :D
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

An English alternative definition for "faggot" is "vote manufactured for party purposes".

Should this obsolete definition be applied, she was absolutely correct and shouldn't be criticized for telling the truth.....

This is not a joke, but factual from Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 by Douglas Harper
  9. catfish83861

catfish83861 New Member

Way to go Marlin.:) I personally am not in favor of saying to much derogatory about someone without their presence.Thus I believe she should say it to his face before she says it to a national audience. I fully believe she would not hesitate, She has definitely got more guts than most of our conservative leaders (read into "leaders" with a grain of salt.Maybe a ton of it.)
  10. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I think the greater issue is not what she said but the reaction to it from the left and the media. They whine and cry foul but are silent about lefty pundints who say far worse things. For them they trot out free speech.
  11. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:D
    I was serious about my post earlier. But I guess the joke was on me & a bunch of Libs! ( If it was the meaning she intended ). :D
  12. Sackett

Sackett New Member

I was wondering if the Democrats were expressing similar outrage over Bill Maher's comments regarding Vice Pres. Dick Cheney and the bomb attempt?
  13. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT New Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Hell no.......:mad: ...:mad:

Nothing said against Republicans can be too bad......Grrrrrrrrrr.......:mad: :mad:
  14. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I don't know the complete story behind this, but her comment was
    a joke in reference to a popular TV show, in which, a character
    was forced to go to some sort of rehab program for calling a co-worker
    "faggot". I believe her implied meaning was the definition Marlin put
    forth of "vote manufactured for party purposes".
    Even if that was not the case, it is still nothing compared to the
    seditious remarks so-called respected Democrats make about
    the President on a daily basis. Yet they get a pass or are even
    applauded by the media. Their bias knows no bounds.
  15. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

By the way, I am still waiting for the media outrage at the
    b*tch on "The View", who was delighted that the Vice President
    was having severe health problems. She basically said everything
    except she hoped he would die.
  16. durk

durk New Member

Just face it guys, it's us against the libs and the lib media!:mad: Now, how to combat them, not sure. Fox News? Rush? Hannity? Neal Boortz seems to be on our side of the 2nd. They seem to be the best we have at the moment. I may have left some others out but the gist is we don't have the numbers like the left does. I think the media only talks to republicans in hope of a foot going into a mouth.