Annoying Download

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 9:06:55 am)
    | Edit | Del All Annoying Download
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone recognize this...
    www.bsg-dornier.de/schies...18_cut.mpg
    Every time I enter the GD forum, my media player pops-up and starts this 20 minute download.
    It's annoying the hell out of me

Thanks for any help,
    Zig

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/23/02 9:26:56 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Annoying Download
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is not happening to me Rick, I clidk on the link you provided and it is a Glock 18 going in full auto. Looks like it even helod togehter ok.

It starts as soon as you enter the GD forum??
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 10:12:45 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: Annoying Download
    WP, every freakin' time I enter the GD forum, it starts the download.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 10:30:55 am)
    Has to be in your machine, cause I don`t get it either. Delete your media player, you can get another, easily. I did have one some time back, that would pop-up when entering GB. I just deleted it and added a new updated version later. I later found that someone had sent me that file and it was always running in the background, and something on GB started it to run. I know have a pop-up killer and history eraser.....man does it smoke everything. You wanna try it....free for fifteen days....removes all footprints and overwrites everything over 21 times....pretty freakin cool. LTS

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 10:35:44 am)
    BLEEP-BLEEP-BLEEP... I know I'm getting frustrated with it...

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 10:45:34 am)
    www.winprivacy.com/hk/beg...AFF_ID=457

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/23/02 5:18:25 pm)
    Thanks LTS, I took your advice and uninstalled the real player. It okey-fine now.
    I'll take a look at the link you left.

Thanks again,
    Zig

Ken GFA
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/23/02 10:34:12 pm)
    nice download though...love the slow motion action.....i think i seen that on a animation site....were u trying to find a GIF animation to put in your preference?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/24/02 8:11:06 am)
    the strange part, I've yet to see the download.
    I'm real particular about what I download and the 1st time my realplayer popped up to d/l it, I paused it and deleted the file.

Like LTS said, something was triggering it every time I entered the GD forum.

I uninstalled the Real Player ... Problem solved

Ken GFA
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/24/02 8:18:28 am)
    you were downloading hammer4nc's GIF...its a guy shooting a gun in slow motion