Ann's Thoughs On Torture.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by artabr, Apr 29, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31669

Muslims: 'We Do That On First Dates'

by Ann Coulter

04/29/2009

Without any pretense of an argument, which liberals are neurologically incapable of, the mainstream media are now asserting that our wussy interrogation techniques at Guantanamo constituted "torture" and have irreparably harmed America's image abroad.

Only the second of those alleged facts is true: The president's release of the Department of Justice interrogation memos undoubtedly hurt America's image abroad, as we are snickered at in capitals around the world, where they know what real torture is. The Arabs surely view these memos as a pack of lies. What about the pills Americans have to turn us gay?

The techniques used against the most stalwart al-Qaida members, such as Abu Zubaydah, included one terrifying procedure referred to as "the attention grasp." As described in horrifying detail in the Justice Department memo, the "attention grasp" consisted of:

"(G)rasping the individual with both hands, one hand on each side of the collar opening, in a controlled and quick motion. In the same motion as the grasp, the individual is drawn toward the interrogator."

The end.

There are rumors that Dick "Darth Vader" Cheney wanted to take away the interrogators' Altoids before they administered "the grasp," but Department of Justice lawyers deemed this too cruel.

And that's not all! As the torments were gradually increased, next up the interrogation ladder came "walling." This involves pushing the terrorist against a flexible wall, during which his "head and neck are supported with a rolled hood or towel that provides a C-collar effect to prevent whiplash."

People pay to have a lot rougher stuff done to them at Six Flags Great Adventure. Indeed, with plastic walls and soft neck collars, "walling" may be the world's first method of "torture" in which all the implements were made by Fisher-Price.

As the memo darkly notes, walling doesn't cause any pain, but is supposed to induce terror by making a "loud noise": "(T)he false wall is in part constructed to create a loud sound when the individual hits it, which will further shock and surprise." (!!!)

If you need a few minutes to compose yourself after being subjected to that horror, feel free to take a break from reading now. Sometimes a cold compress on the forehead is helpful, but don't let it drip or you might end up waterboarding yourself.

The CIA's interrogation techniques couldn't be more ridiculous if they were out of Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition sketch:

Cardinal! Poke her with the soft cushions! ...
    Hmm! She is made of harder stuff! Cardinal Fang! Fetch ... THE COMFY CHAIR!

So you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions. Well, we shall see. Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair! ...

Now -- you will stay in the Comfy Chair until lunchtime, with only a cup of coffee at 11.

Further up the torture ladder -- from Guantanamo, not Monty Python -- comes the "insult slap," which is designed to be virtually painless, but involves the interrogator invading "the individual's personal space."

If that doesn't work, the interrogator shows up the next day wearing the same outfit as the terrorist. (Awkward.)

I will spare you the gruesome details of the CIA's other comical interrogation techniques and leap directly to the penultimate "torture" in their arsenal: the caterpillar.

In this unspeakable brutality, a harmless caterpillar is placed in the terrorist's cell. Justice Department lawyers expressly denied the interrogators' request to trick the terrorist into believing the caterpillar was a "stinging insect."

Human rights groups have variously described being trapped in a cell with a live caterpillar as "brutal," "soul-wrenching" and, of course, "adorable."

If the terrorist manages to survive the non-stinging caterpillar maneuver -- the most fiendish method of torture ever devised by the human mind that didn't involve being forced to watch "The View" -- CIA interrogators had another sadistic trick up their sleeves.

I am not at liberty to divulge the details, except to mention the procedure's terror-inducing name: "the ladybug."

Finally, the most savage interrogation technique at Guantanamo was "waterboarding," which is only slightly rougher than the Comfy Chair.

Tens of thousands of our troops were waterboarded over the past three decades as part of their training, but not until it was done to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed -- mastermind of the 9/11 attack on America -- were liberal consciences shocked.

I think they were mostly shocked because they couldn't figure out how Joey Buttafuoco ended up in Guantanamo.

As non-uniformed combatants, all of the detainees at Guantanamo could have been summarily shot on the battlefield under the Laws of War.

Instead, we gave them comfy chairs, free lawyers, better food than is served in Afghani caves, prayer rugs, recreational activities and top-flight medical care -- including one terrorist who was released, whereupon he rejoined the jihad against America, after being fitted for an expensive artificial leg at Guantanamo, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer.

Only three terrorists -- who could have been shot -- were waterboarded. This is not nearly as bad as "snowboarding," which is known to cause massive buttocks pain and results in approximately 10 deaths per year.

Normal human beings -- especially those who grew up with my older brother, Jimmy -- can't read the interrogation memos without laughing.

At Al-Jazeera, they don't believe these interrogation memos are for real. Muslims look at them and say: THIS IS ALL THEY'RE DOING? We do that for practice. We do that to our friends.

But The New York Times is populated with people who can't believe they live in a country where people would put a caterpillar in a terrorist's cell.

Art
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Well said!
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Pfft! That's it?! THAT'S what the Democrats call "torture"?! When I was in Boy Scouts, we used to do worse to the new guys in the troop:eek:
  4. primerib

primerib New Member

Weak president compromising our national security.
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ann tells it like it is. She defines liberals as they really are, a bunch of (insert the nickname for a cat here)
  6. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

CIA agents undergo waterboarding in their training, and if I'm not mistaken, so do SEAL Team six members.

For some perspective, this is what our enemies do:
    From Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs regarding a trial about to commence in France.
    http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/

Halimi's homemade concentration camp and the inconceivable horrors that were suffered by this French Jew who was chosen by Islam's soldiers for unimaginable torture, was blacked out by the corrupt media aligned with jihad force.. They covered up the religious aspects of this depraved barbarity. Law enforcement did as wwell. It was another brutal Islamic slaughter of a defenseless Jew. The reliable witness who broke the true story back in February 2006 and took it to the world was Nidra Poller. It was how I met her.

Ilan Halimi's Muslim torturers/murderers phoned the family on several occasions during the period Ilan was held hostage and made them listen to the recitation of verses from the Koran, while Ilan’s tortured screams could be heard in the background.

23 people participated in torturing Ilan. Another 20 were involved indirectly. The custodian of the building gave them the key to an apartment where they said they wanted to "keep someone."

Three weeks of unimaginable torture. Three weeks. So many clues. So many guilty animals partaking in the continuing torture in their "homemade concentration camp."

The screams must have been loud because the torture was especially atrocious: the thugs cut bits off the flesh of the young man, they cut his fingers and ears, they burned him with acid, and in the end poured flammable liquid on him and set him on fire.

Horrible tortures. Horrible torturers. One of the torturers would go to work at a TV station everyday and come back and partake in the torture. The girls who lured young men. They knew he had been kidnapped. They knew Yosef (the leader of the Barbarians) was extremely violent. They knew Ilan was still in his hands three weeks later. All they had to do was make an anonymous phone call to the police. No one would have known. They did not do it. No neighbor thought to say to the police that something strange was going on in this building.

The police told the family not to say a word. The Jewish community was not warned when prior attempts to kidnap Jewish men had failed. The Jewish community was not warned before the successful attempt.

Even one member of the gang that dropped out of the gang because he was shocked by their violence did not call the police.

These neighborhoods are not ghettos. They are not sordid. Not squalid.

When Ilan was found, the head of the fire department who was called to the scene, this man with decades of experience, almost fainted when he saw him. The last thing Youssef Fofana (leader of the murdering gang, the barbarians) did was to slit his throat twice and pour an inflammable liquid on him and to set it on fire. But this did not burn him to death, because Ilan walked for perhaps one hour, trying still to find a way to live.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  7. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

re: sabashimon's post: My grief for the tortured, and my horror at the torturers, are beyond expressing in words. "Inhuman" doesn't even come close. "Being possessed with a supernatural form of absolute evil" is probably closest.
  8. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

As for me sabashimon, the only problem I have with the supposed torture of those wonderful people at GITMO is that it was applied with so much restraint and the victems of that torture survived intact and will probably be allowed to go free to kill again. This administration, by publicising our interogation proceedures and then promoting the idea that this is torture, especialy in light of the above story and so many others has given aid and comfort to our self proclaimed enemys. If that isn't a description of treason I don't know what is. I don't know if this administration is too ignorant to recognize the danger jihadist pose to the people of this nation or if they are activly colaborating with them. In either case, it bodes of dark days ahead. Any other opinions?
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

4Evr, I think your assessment is the most accurate description I have seen. As strong as I feel on this subject, I missed that one most glaring truth. Thank you.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I still find it amazing that the "fair and impartial" mainstream media always glosses over the fact that the terrorists routinely tourture their captives and innocent victims and seems to expect us to accept it as ok. But if a US, UK, or Israeli soldier looks at a terrorists too harshly, the MSM raises a huge stink about violations of the terrorists civil rights! IMO, when someone decides that it's ok to be a scumbag terrorists, they give up their rights to be treated kindly:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  11. copenhagen

copenhagen New Member

Do you think Jesus would condone torture?
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

bcj1755, MSM won't speak out against Jihadist torture because the nature of their jobs may require them to travel to areas where they may fall into their merceless hands. No need to antagonise your tourturer before hand. Mabey they will like you and only saw your head off without mangling your still conscious body for 2 or 3 days before they start to carve on your neck. Lots of luck MSM.
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Certainly not. But I think he would also tell a wonderful parable to explain that discomfort and torture are not necessarily identical.
  14. copenhagen

copenhagen New Member

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I have personally argued with these jackbooted ODA thugs in Afghanistan when I was a young LCpl. Tried to convince them that it wasn't right to do it. Hell half the info they get is b/s anyway and they are just degrading humanity and the Image of God and lowering themselves just as low or lower than anything they seek to find. But you know... There is something about Satan- he enjoys suffering on this earth. Torture is Satanic. There is really no way around that.
  15. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

No, he would not. But he also would not condone murdering innocent people either. Thou shalt not murder. Jesus also would not condone someone not standing up and defending their life or the lives of others against muderers.

I'm sure the moneychangers he whipped out of the temple were uncomfortable. But nowadays the liberals would say that he tortured them. I'm sure the priests that tried to debate with Jesus were uncomfortable when they could not confound him with their "knowledge." But the liberals would say that their embarassment was torture.