Ann's Thoughs On Torture.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by artabr, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

What is torture?
    Can Anyone define it?

Is the term based on:

The givers opinion?
    The receivers opinion?
    A third party opinion?

Is it physical, mental, or moral?

I've been asking this question for a long time on many forums.
    No one seems to have an answer.

I can understand physical torture.
    But philosophical and mental versions escape me.

Your idea of hell may seem appealing to me.

So who gets to define the term?

In my opinion, I'm being tortured by taxes that support lazy people.
    It's physical (as I have to work while others don't (it's philosophical as I don't agree with it (it's mental as it makes me think why should I bother))).
    Can I sue the government?

Please define.:rolleyes:

Thanks.
  2. copenhagen

copenhagen New Member

Bobitis-

Clearly, torture is one of those huge gray areas. I tend to believe it is anything beyond what a good Christian family would do to punish their children. That is my opinion. Not a legal definition, but something.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Like what? Arkansas seems to have a pretty good legal definition of it:
    So we're good as long as it is simply "transient pain" and "minor temporary marks," but we can't insultingly slap across the face? I have a hard time trying to figure it all out.

You're defintely right that it's a huge grey area. And I think it is important that we do not stoop to the enemy's level: if we fight evil with evil, there is no "good guy" no matter who wins.
  4. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Bobitis, I think most of us would agree that the 20+ day torture fest conducted against Iban Halimi by Murdurous Muslims and their neighbors in France that caused the Firefighters who saw the body to puke would agree that he died from TORTURE. I have a big problem calling raising your voice to a prisoner same with the caterpilar same with a slap. Beating with a rifle butt such as was done to U.S. POWs in past wars is torture. I don't accept waterbording as torture, certainly not compared to what was done to Halimi. We have had that discussion on other threads. We had better be right on this because this matter will come up again. Murderous Muslims will see to that. We already have honor killings and a beheading. That can be delt with in the criminal justice system. 9-11 was another matter. Iran is on the verge of joining the nuclear club. Unlike Russia which was restrained by MADD, Some of Irans leaders claim to be willing to sacrifice their country for Dar Es Islam. Then we have the advance of the Taliban in Pakistan. If they topple the present govt. what happens to the 60-70 nukes in that country? What will we do to protect this nation?
  5. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

How about instantaeous thermo nuclear eradication?
    Painless right? Why don't the liberals realize the threat when it is so openly stated? Is it that they don't see the inevitable and obvious?
    Don't think me inhumane but I'm struggling with this just like everyone else,
    I won't go to Cuba because of regime,
    Neither middle east, etc etc.
    I feel for the Israeli nation and people, being industrial and civilized but what is the answer?