Another AR questions thread

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by H-D, Oct 30, 2011.

1. H-D

H-D Active Member

Has anyone used Blackthorne AR kits/uppers? their kits are about 100 bucks cheaper than Model1 is there any difference?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They have been around a while. Most of the reviews i see on them are not so good. I do not have personal experience with them.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Never heard of 'em, but that's not suprising.

There're more kits out there than you can shake a stick at.
    For the life of me, I can't believe that they all make their own stuff.
    My guess is, there're probably 4-6 manufacturers for the uppers and lowers, and they supply everyone else.

Do yer research and pay attention to the warranties. AR fans are rabid in their support, and bashing.:rolleyes:
  4. H-D

H-D Active Member

there must be a reason they seem to be the ones getting bashed apparently they buy factory seconds and rejects model 1 has a better rep but their kits are about 100 bucks more just saw their site today and they had a good looking kit just like I want for 459.00 but I should just bite the bullet and get the better kit I suppose
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

6. H-D

H-D Active Member

From what everyone says Del-Ton is the top of the line
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Mine is a Del-Ton upper kit (complete assembled upper with lower parts kit) Rock River lower............good reasonable price, best customer service I have seen.