1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Another AR questions thread

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by H-D, Oct 30, 2011.

1. H-D

H-D Active Member

Has anyone used Blackthorne AR kits/uppers? their kits are about 100 bucks cheaper than Model1 is there any difference?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They have been around a while. Most of the reviews i see on them are not so good. I do not have personal experience with them.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Never heard of 'em, but that's not suprising.

There're more kits out there than you can shake a stick at.
    For the life of me, I can't believe that they all make their own stuff.
    My guess is, there're probably 4-6 manufacturers for the uppers and lowers, and they supply everyone else.

Do yer research and pay attention to the warranties. AR fans are rabid in their support, and bashing.:rolleyes:
  4. H-D

H-D Active Member

there must be a reason they seem to be the ones getting bashed apparently they buy factory seconds and rejects model 1 has a better rep but their kits are about 100 bucks more just saw their site today and they had a good looking kit just like I want for 459.00 but I should just bite the bullet and get the better kit I suppose
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

6. H-D

H-D Active Member

From what everyone says Del-Ton is the top of the line
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Mine is a Del-Ton upper kit (complete assembled upper with lower parts kit) Rock River lower............good reasonable price, best customer service I have seen.