Another Bomb attempt in Sydney

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

A man planned to drop a homemade pipe bomb in Sydney Harbour because he was having a bad day, police allege.

A man was arrested at Lidcombe train station in Sydney's west on Wednesday night, after a 10-centimetre bomb was found in his pocket.

Inspector Barry Vincent said police suspect the man was "intending to travel into the city where he intended on detonating it within a body of water".

Police allege the man told officers he was not targeting any particular business or person, just taking the bomb into the city because he was having a bad day.

It would not have caused widespread damage, Insp Vincent added.

"Certainly, in the harbour, I wouldn't expect there would be too much damage, if at all...

"The fact he's got it with him was a concern but there was no intention to target any person or location.

"We will be alleging that (the man) made reference that he had a bad day," Insp Vincent said.

It was not known why he was upset, Insp Vincent said.

Police say the man became agitated on a busy railway platform at 7.40pm (AEDT) on Wednesday when he saw officers with drug-detection dogs.

During a search, officers allegedly found a pipebomb in a glasses case in his pocket.

The Rescue and Bomb disposal unit was called and took the bomb to a safe location and detonated it.

A subsequent search of the man's home allegedly turned up a firearm, ammunition, a spear gun and a quantity of a white substance, believed to be methamphetamines.

A 33-year-old Chester Hill man is due to appear in Burwood Local Court on Thursday, charged with possessing an explosive in a public place, possessing a knife and other transport offences.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/11528884/bomb-intended-for-sydney-harbour-police/

----------------------------------------------------------

No comment was made to ID the guy , therefore we assume from previous cases he middle eastern or of that flavour ...

this makes the 5th caught bomber in 2 months .. all middle eastern or flavoured that way
  2. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i don't suppose i need to ask what religion he belongs too?
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

the fact they are downplaying it with the "bad day" rubbish shows what it is ..

a guy with a signal flare he bought at a boaties boot sale was flashed up as carrying explosives , his name was listed where from , what he did , and a pic..

this ?

smell's Halal

by law we'll get the court listings and find out though ..

and i'll wager it'll be like the first two ( appeared already)

1 from Lakemba mosque and one from Auburn
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Jeez! When I have a bad day, I just have a beer!