another brass prep marathon

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

sat down last night with a bag or two of 30-06 brass. 100 brass was older 1 use match shells. old but stored in plastic. they were dark, but cleaned up nice after hous in the vibro tumbler. about another 100 shells were mixed headstamps.. some relaoded more than once.. and some WAY out of sammi COL specs.. last baggy was about 50 brass that i believe were milsurp.. perhaps greek.. had headstamps i don't recognize and crimped primers.

( boxer primed though! )

anyway.. had already deprimed and resized some of it.. only had to do about 150 deprime and resize last night.. the previous 2 nights i had trimme dup about 100 rounds. I got smart and chucked my power drill up to my rcbs trimmer.. so now trimming is not too bad. zip-zip and a tap on the drill to slide her out. so i got a bucket of about 200-250 brass that is deprimed, sized and trimmed. i segregates the 50 crimped primer brass and reamed out the crimp and uniformed the primer pocket. the remaining 200-250 still needs to have the primer pocket cleaned, except I did do a quick run and did a bag of 50 that i cleaned the primer pocket on and went ahead and primed up , bagged and labeled. ( as you recall, this summer while work is slow and lots of rain I want to go thru and process all my empty brass and get it deprimed, trimeed, sized, cleaned and primer pockets cleaned, and then get 50 rounds primed and bag it all.. that way i'm good to go when i need to relaod. i'll have 50 shells ready to charge immediatly.. and the rest when needed..

so tonight, I get to debur and primer pocket clean about 200-250 shells and then I'll be done with 30-06. i did my 30-30 last week.. ugh!

soundguy
  2. soundguy

ALL DONE!

spent a couple hours and finished deburring and primer pockt cleaning all the 30-06 brass. ende dup with a total of 50, what I think are greek milsurp cases that had crimped primer pockets I had to ream out and uniform. went well.. saved them for last.

got my -06 brass tagged and bagged and a small lot of 50 primed and ready.

probably next caliber I will work on is 308.. then 270.. then 243.. then 222 then 218bee.

byt then I may have arms that look like popeye.. :)

but byt the end of the very wet summer, all my brass will be prepped and ready to play with..
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Man you got the bug bad. It is nice to be able to sit down at the bench and have your brass ready to go when you are.
  4. soundguy

yep.. it's tedius.. but yeah.. when I set down.. i't lice to reach into my box of goodies and pull out baggies of 50 prepped rounds at a time to work with.. lets me fully populate a loading block and then go have fun