1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

another brass prep marathon

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

finally finishe dup ( again) all my 30-06 brass.. range pickups and gimme stuff. mix of commercial and mil headstamps. some with crimped primers.. some with HUGELY crimped primers.

80 mil/crimp.
    148 commercial.

those are the finished #'s. had a few more of each that made it to the recycle bucket due to being berdan, or having fissures, dents, or rim damage.

got everything bagged and ready to load up as needed this winter.. setting in the box with the other finished brass I have. have a decent amt of 3006 now I think..

next up is 270 I think.. :)
  2. garydude

garydude Member

Nice.

What's your source for the .270 brass?
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

so far i've been saving my commercial rem/win I had been shooting, pluss whatever I could pickup at the range.. so most will be win ( price ).. and the rest i ahvn't sorted yet. I figure the range stuff will be mixed headstamps.

Not sure if there is any military application in 270.. I know when I was foing 3006 I got plenty of milsurp in there.. and thus alot of crimped primers. will see how the 270 comes out. I'm opening my bags of colelcted brass tomorrow...