Another cheap pistol owner..........

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by MaxxRPM, Oct 16, 2009.

1. MaxxRPM

MaxxRPM New Member

..........Or shall I say inexpensive? :D
    Bought a new Hipoint C9 and I'm completely happy with it.
    I'm not really into guns as much as most of you but just recently got back into it. I have a S&W 65 357 I bought a long time ago and thats the only gun I've had in the past 21 years. A couple weeks ago I bought a Ruger LCP for C&C purposes and I LOVE that gun aswell but unfortunantly the .380 ammo is too high to really enjoy it..............So I bought a cheap gun just to home in my pistol shooting skills. Thought about the Walther P22 (super cheap ammo) but didn't like what most people said about that gun (or most .22 lr semi auto pistols for that matter) so I opt for the next cheapest cal........9mm. The Hipoint was a shoe in. I read some really go reviews on it and decided it was the one to use just for plinken (is that what they call it?)
    A $150 later I'm out shooting the hell out of this pistol wondering why;
    1. why it is so inexpensive.
    2. why some people hate this gun (Hipoint)

Sure, its not as pretty as some and it is a little heavy (wouldn't want to use it as a C&C) but the dam thing shoots anything I put in it and does it more accurately than my ol S&W 65. For $150 (brand new) there is NOTHING you can't like about this gun, especially if you plan on actually shooting it.
    Thats it.........You can say cheap gun Blah Blah Blah! How you wouldn't buy one, it might blow up in your face Blah Blah Blah!
    .........and thats fine. Stick with your $750 pistols and enjoy. I'll be down here enjoying my $150 pistol thank you.........;)
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Well High point is a heavy fire arm. As far as Cheap, High point is a small amnufacturer based out of Dayton Ohio, Actually just north of there. High Point is able to keep the price down by keeping the materials and Labor costs to a minimum. As far as why most people dont like them, Well there quality was poor just a few years ago. If you had an older model High Point and say he firing pin got damaged, you might as well thrown it in a dumpster cuz it wa damn near impossible to repair. Now their quality has gotten alot better and they are offeriing pretty good warrenties with the firearms now. Unfortunately though High Point gets a bad rap for the quality, and yes the weight.

Me personally I like a High Point a lot better than a even a Glock.
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You've had a Lobotomy at some point in the past, haven't you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

mike
    gn
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Maxxrpm

I had one of Highpoints 9mm carbines a few years ago. It was a great little rifle. Reliable and fun to shoot...

This is why i won't buy a 9mm and especially a 45acp high point pistol. Ammo for both is EXPENSIVE!!!! If you are going to spend alot of money to practice why would you practice on a $5 dollar Yukalaylee when you could buy a used guitar at a fair price? I guarantee you that no matter how good you get with that Yukalaylee i seriously doubt that skill will transfer over to a real guitar....

But...if you insist on singing along with Tiny Tim...here's a video for you! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

Holy cripes... 1,389,852 views... :rolleyes::D

mike
    gn
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Hi Points to be come collectible before I buy one
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

:D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  7. stetson

stetson New Member

I'd buy there carbines at $250 with optics in 9mm,45acp.The pistols aren't worth
    a piece of crap ! Why people buy junk because there 's a fascination with this junk
    that's called high point pistil.My feeling it's popular with gangsters because it's cheap and it causes no issues when it's throw away. A true Saturday night special.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Hey maxx... don't give up on us just because we are razzing the daylights out of ya.... :D Happens to me all the time!!!:rolleyes:;)

mike
    gn
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

10. MaxxRPM

MaxxRPM New Member

It shoots good and cost pennies on the dollar............What more can I say?That sir is MY fascination with this junk called Hipoint pistol. Sorry about YOUR feelings.........:D
  11. MaxxRPM

MaxxRPM New Member

Not a problemo Cocknut.............:D

You know, I already read up on the Hipoint post before I even bought one so I knew how this post was going to go...........;)
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thats what socks are for.... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

stetson, do you own a high point pistol or have you ever shot one? I don't mean to offend you but don't knock it until you try it!!

I don't own one but I have shot them. Before I ever fired one, I made quite a few comments like you did in your post. After I did shoot one, I changed my mind about it. It may be just about the ugliest pistol ever made and so heavy you can use it for a hammer, but they shoot straight and the one I shot ate every kind of ammo that it was fed.

Just my two cents worth.
  14. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

On that note; got me thinking. A few yrs ago my brother tried to sell me one (9mm) and man was that thing heavy. I didn't even shoot it because I was totally not interested. Some time later my cousin come up one day with the same gun...he said "can you help me with this thing?' (he stated it wouldnt shoot straight) I took it out and set up a target (10yrds) and after I got past the fact that it was too hard to hold up nonetheless off balance, I nailed what I was aiming at about every shot. Between the two of us we shot a whole box, never a misfire or anything. I'd say its a matter of ones preference, but IMO I wouldnt want one for a serious shooting gun. Just too heavy and WAYyyyyyyyyy out of balance.
  15. MaxxRPM

MaxxRPM New Member

I'm not a good shot...........never have been. I don't have the nerves of steel stability when aiming a pistol and I still flinch sometimes when I squeeze the trigger.............I believe the extra weight of this gun actually helps me stabilize it more............:)