Another Dick Cheney/hunting thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

This is an article from England. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Source

2. lead

lead Active Member

Interesting story right up to that last line,"guns don't kill people, vice-presidents do."
    The poor guy just can't catch a break.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Typical british drivel! :mad: :mad:
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Nice to see a Brit defending the right to own firearms.
  5. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

It seems that VP Cheney is now in a bit of trouble with the game and fish wardens.
    Altho he shot a lawyer and the season is open year round on lawyers it is still illegal to shoot them on a baited field.
    It seems that due to his heart condition an ambulance follows the VP everywhere he goes. The lawyer was shot within 300 feet of the ambulance so that constitutes a baited field. :D :D :D
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

C' est MAL, Bob!!!!!

Attached Files:

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

That was an interesting article. But it seems like were catching up to the UK, thanks to the main stream media. You know, weapons are a bad thing, evil ... As a matter of fact, my handgun went running down the street last night, shooting at anything that moved. I had to chase it down, then give it a good spanking for being bad. lol

It kind of portrays American gun owners as drunkards that shoot ducks just sitting on the water. I feel sorry for the people in the UK, as a whole of the people that is. It must suck to be turned into a criminal for defending yourself.

History is easily forgotten.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  8. eyetotheheart

eyetotheheart Former Guest

Thanks for the article. I'm always interested in other cultures' ideas and opinions.

Too bad so many people believe that it's got to be "our way or the highway".

I had a really good friend who was an officer in the British Army. He was attache at Fort Bragg. He learned a lot, but also taught a lot. He ended his career after being in charge of unexploded bombs in the UK. He made a parachute jump when he was 78 years old, during the 50 year observance of D-Day.

The British are also our best and one of our oldest allies. Sometimes it's best to stop and think about who our friends are before making cliche comments.
  9. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

The Brits ARE are our very oldest and most loyal allies in the entire world...we must ALWAYS remember that...

...but we STILL have to remember they were our very first and deadly ENEMY and the reason we EXIST as a country in the first place! We need to learn from, and ast the same time, respect the inherent differences of, EACH OTHER.

I kind of like his article, maybe with a few more years here, and some better friends to go "huntin'" with, he'll get the little things right too, he's already got a grip on the BIG stuff.
  10. eyetotheheart

eyetotheheart Former Guest

Sure, we had to fight the British for independence. But our best ally then was France.

I have some really good French friends, too.

I was a military dependent in Paris in 1966 when DeGaul kicked the US out of France. Total strangers (French) would come up to me (recognizing me as American) and thank me profusely for what the US had done for them.

There are good people everywhere.
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

:) :)