Another Exploding Package and Congresswoman Shot

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Shooter45, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

2. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Re: Another Package

Huh, imagine that.

Look to the North. Surprise! It's angry Santa and his PO'ed elves and they're thinking about the ungrateful people out there acting all unhappy with their Christmas gifts. See? Case closed.
  3. Shooter45

4. 22shot

22shot New Member

I am watching the cable news coverage of this event (Az. Congesswomen shot).

I am awaiting Why and Who.

I do know she was involved in a bitter campaign against her opponent in the mid term 2010 elections.

At this point; I would like nothing better then to gut those responsible like the fish they are.

This country is in some deep EDITED BY ADMIN.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  5. 22shot

22shot New Member

As of 4 pm today; the Az.University Hospital reports one death so far; a 9 year old child; as a result of this attack on the Congresswomen; Rep. Giffords is listed in critical condition.

So are four others.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Congresswoman Giffords, others shot in Ariz.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday and an aide and federal judge were killed when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store as the Democratic lawmaker met with constituents, officials said.

C.J. Karamargin, a spokesman for Giffords, said the congresswoman was in surgery as of 1 p.m. local time and that an unspecified number of Giffords staff members were injured in the shooting. Karamargin said he had no other information on the conditions of the injured or on the circumstances of the shooting.

Federal officials told NBC News that U.S. District Court Judge John M. Roll was among those who was shot and had died. He was the chief judge in Arizona, appointed in 1991 by the first President Bush. He became chief judge in 2006.

Congressional officials said an aide to Giffords also was killed, and unknown number of others were injured, including staffers to the lawmaker.

Gabrielle Giffords President Barack Obama called the shooting "an unspeakable tragedy" and that such "a senseless and terrible act of violence has no place in a free society."

U.S. Capitol police say the 22-year-old shooter was in custody as one official said he carried out the attack with a pistol.

People familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press that the gunman had been identified as Jared Laughner.

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoices
    Advertise | AdChoices
    .The officials who described the events did so on condition of anonymity, saying they were not permitted to comment publicly.

"I am horrified by the senseless attack on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and members of her staff," newly elected House Speaker John Boehner said. "An attack on one who serves is an attack on all who serve. Acts and threats of violence against public officials have no place in our society. Our prayers are with Congresswoman Giffords, her staff, all who were injured, and their families. This is a sad day for our country."

Three hours after the shooting, the L-shaped shopping center in Tucson was blocked off by police and had fire trucks and other vehicles in its parking lot that blocked the view of the store's front door. No shell casing could be seen from the area 500 yards from the store where reporters and photographers were kept.

Giffords, 40, was re-elected to her third term last November. She was a member of the Arizona House and Senate before coming to Washington.

Giffords tweeted shortly before the shooting, saying: "My 1st Congress on Your Corner starts now. Please stop by to let me know what is on your mind or tweet me later."

Giffords is married to astronaut Mark E. Kelly, who has piloted space shuttles Endeavour and Discovery. The two met in China in 2003 while they were serving on a committee there, and were married in January 2007.

Giffords was first elected to Congress amid a wave of Democratic victories in the 2006 election, and she won a narrow victory against a tea party favorite in the 2010 election.

She has been mentioned as a possible Democratic nominee in 2012 for the U.S. Senate seat held by Republican Jon Kyl, who has not said whether he'll run again, or for the governor's office in 2014.

The shooting comes amid a highly charged political environment that has seen several dangerous threats against lawmakers but nothing that reached the point of actual violence.

A San Francisco man upset with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's support of health care reform pleaded guilty to threatening the Democratic congresswoman and her family, calling her directly on March 25 and threatening to destroy her Northern California home if she voted for health care reform.

Video: Rep. Giffords target of harassment, threats (on this page)
    In July, a California man known for his anger over left-leaning politics engaged in a shootout with highway patrol officers after planning an attack on the ACLU and another nonprofit group. The man said he wanted to "start a revolution" by killing people at the ACLU and the Tides Foundation.

Giffords herself has drawn the ire of the right, especially for her support of the health care bill from politicians like Sarah Palin.

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoices
    Advertise | AdChoices
    .Her Tucson office was vandalized a few hours after the House vote to approve the health care law in March, with someone either kicking or shooting out a glass door and window.

Despite the animosity she has generated from the right, Giffords describes herself as a former Republican and current Blue Dog Democrat.

"You know, actually as a former Republican, you know, I consider myself someone who is pretty in the middle, I'm a blue dog Democrat, and one that is interested in making sure that our country maintains our prosperity and frankly, our superiority over other countries and that's where we look at these threat, obviously our defense budget, our level of education," she said in an interview with Fox this week.

This is a breaking news story, check back for details. The Associated Press and NBC News contributed to this report.
  7. 22shot

22shot New Member

THe Who;

A 22 year old caucasian male; U.S citizen; shooting a 9mm glock with an extended magazine.

He was tackled by bystanders and is in custody.
  8. 22shot

22shot New Member

4:45 Pm

Watched the Prez news conference:

So far five dearhs; including the 9 year old girl and a Federal Judge.

At this point; I believe this not to be a "issolated incident"; the shooter; Jared L. Loughtner; was highly motivated by the rabid dissent present in this country.

There's a lot of that going around lately.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I rabidly dissent and don't go around shooting people.
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What do you think will be their response to this? Can we expect Obama to now try to control guns like he's trying to control everything else?

I think it's a setup. This is exactly how gun control started in Australia.
  11. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

That has always been in his game plan Hogger. This just gives the gun grabbers more ammunition.
  12. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Well to be more specific, I mean now is he going to go outlaw people carrying in public? Is he going to outlaw handguns?

Now is probably the time to disappear and pretend like we never had them.
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Fox News is now reporting 11 dead, and posibily more to add later today, as the on scene reporter is saying that there are still bodies in the parking lot. Stories are that some one in the crowd did shoot the suspect, and then he was tackled by another by stander.
  15. Shooter45

ABC called the weapon a shotgun.