1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Another H&R revolver ID request

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by WizardDad, Feb 27, 2012.

1. WizardDad

WizardDad New Member

It seems as though this is the place to be for help on identifying an old H&R revolver. An older gentleman gave this to me today for helping him out with a few things. He said it doesn't work and wasn't doing him any good. He also mentioned that it belonged to his uncle or great uncle and that he carried it with him during WWI. I thought that was a pretty neat story even it it's not completely true. I have no reason to doubt him but you know how stories change over the years. Anyway, I'd like to get this back in working condition and give it back to him. I'm in need of some parts but need to lock down the ID of this gun first. I'm hoping one of you can help me out.

From what I can gather it's a pre-20th century gun and it looks like a 2nd model 1st variation. Is that correct? I assume this is a black powder gun and not safe to shoot with modern ammunition. The cylinders measure .390 leading me to guess it's a 38. There are no caliber markings at all on the entire gun. I've included some pictures and hope it helps in IDing it.

As far as parts go I need to locate the part that I've been calling an ejector actuator. It's the round wasther looking part that should have an arm on it that pushes the ejector upward as you break open the revolver. Not sure of the correct name. I had been thinking of replacing the hammer as well but on second thought I think I may leave it as is so noone tries to shoot this thing. Apparently someone with a dremel and a lot of enthusiasm decided to grind those 2 parts up real good. Needless to say they are both ruined. Any help in where to find these parts would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]