Another insult to the troops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistolenschutze, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Did any of you see this article on Fox? It made my blood boil. Sounds almost like something Walmart would do! :mad:

Web Site Kicks Sand in Faces of GIs in Iraq Asking for Mats to Ease Hardship of Sleeping on GroundTuesday , January 23, 2007

An American GI assigned to one of the harshest posts in Iraq had a simple request last week for a Wisconsin mattress company: send some floor mats to help ease the hardship of sleeping on the cold, bug-infested ground.

What he got, instead, was a swift kick from the company's Web site, which not only refused the request but added insult to injury with the admonition, "If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq."

Army Sgt. Jason Hess, stationed in Taji, Iraq, with the 1st Cavalry Division, said he emailed his request to Discount-mats.com because he and his fellow soldiers sleep on the cold ground, which contains sand mites, sand flies and other disease carriers.

In his email, dated Jan. 16, 2007, he asked the Web-based company, registered to Faisal Khetani, an American Muslim of Pakistani descent:

"Do you ship to APO (military) addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for ships to APO first."

On the same day, Hess received this reply:

"SGT Hess,

We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Suppliers
    Discount-Mats.com"

Khetani on Monday told FOX News that the person responsible for the email reply had been fired. The Web site, meanwhile, has been temporarily taken down.

Hess emailed that he has since found two mat suppliers willing to ship to an APO address in Iraq.

FOX News' Douglas Kennedy contributed to this story.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I just finished reading it, too.

If anyone wants to know why most don't trust persons of the muslim persuation, this is a good example.....

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  3. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

I think I am going to puke. That is absolutely rediculous.
  4. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

The people who do not support our military are POS!:mad:
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

............................................ I am truly sitting onmy hands to try to keep from posting what I think
  6. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

:mad:

I'd gamble this business owner supports komrad Billary 4 president...

Scumbag he is...
  7. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I don't think they ever came up with the exact words to describe what I would like to leave in their front yard. Definately not flowers and not arromatic in the least.
  8. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:eek: Let's hope some good Cheesheads will visit said scumbucket business & open up a Can o' WhoopASS. :mad:
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

The owner of the said matts company is an Arab just like Marlin stated.

These muslims are being self destructive, and they wonder why they are "singled" out.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

At least the author of the email lost his job for what he said.

11. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Neither do I Marlin.