1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Another Luger to look at....

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 300 H&H, Oct 23, 2010.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

This is from a friend at another forum, and I hope I am successfully transfering the pics. The frame and barell are the only mismatched numbers, and the barrel is something on the order of 20 numbers apart. It is chambered for 30 Luger. Unknown but long for a luger barrel length. Dwm markings. There is no top of the chamber picture with a date with the pics. Here goes the picture attemp...

No go so here is the link...

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?p=400413#post400413

thank you Luger guys for your time.:)

Regards, Kirk
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I won't sign in to a picture host just to look at one gun. Sorry. If you or your friend want to get those pics down to some reasonable size (I am on dialup) and post them here, I'll take a look.

FWIW, no they didn't mix up parts at the factory; that is a common explanation by sellers of Frankenguns but it won't wash. The reason the numbers were put on was to prevent any mixing of parts after they had been carefully fitted.

Jim
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Jim K,

Sorry I was unaware there was a sign in required. I suppose this is because it was forwarded from my account. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.....

My friend will be getting better pics of it and sending them to me as I realize the resolution of some of the pics left a lot to be desired. Keep you eye open for this. It looks to be interesting as it has a long barrel, maybe 10"?

I have not seen it first hand myself so I am in the dark here a bit as well.

Thanks Jim,

Best regards, Kirk
  4. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

All,

Fogtender has joined this forum, and has posted pictures of his pistol.... See his post.

Regards, Kirk
  5. Danny

Danny Member

If it is 30 cal it could be from 1900 to the twenties in date. However it is mismatched & the type of Luger will have to be known before an evaluation can be given.
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)