Another Petition to sign! To Halt Congress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lori Mick, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=91616

PETITION TO CONGRESS AND PRESIDENT
    TO HALT OUT-OF-CONTROL SPENDING
    To: Congress of the United States, President of the United States
    Whereas, the Constitution of the United States clearly and specifically limits the scope and authority of the federal government under the enumerated powers clause;

Whereas, the encouragement of private and public debt by the federal government has brought America to the brink of financial devastation;

Whereas, history proves government spending has never succeeded in curing an economic downturn, but rather serves only to deepen and prolong it;

Whereas, government takeovers of banks and financial institutions move America ever further from the free-enterprise principles that have brought the nation prosperity for 233 years;

Whereas, bailouts of failing corporations represent a counterproductive response to what is, essentially, a government-induced crisis;

Whereas, the current level of irresponsible government spending will, by all accounts, either bankrupt this country or burden our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren with never-ending debt;

Whereas, redistribution of wealth by government for the purpose of achieving "social justice" is immoral and a proven failure:

The link to the petition is on top!
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

thank you for the link hope it catches on and the gov't receives 10 million signatures
  3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I hope so too. Within the past half hour I noticed that over a hundred people signed.

Let's pass this around!
  4. rosierita

rosierita New Member

thanks for the heads up, i signed.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Ditto!!!
  6. BamBam1962

BamBam1962 New Member

Petitions are good , but to be recognized you must remove the e-mail address and something else. I cannot remember what. CHeck out the submission rules before sending the lists of names. Before you submit your petition follow the rules so YOUR VOICE AND OPINIONS WILL COUNT!!!!! Hold on to your weapons and buy plenty of ammo. The bullets are already scarce and are getting harder to find daily. There is a dealer I found online under usaammo
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

8. islenos

islenos New Member

signed the paper tiger
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I tried to sign 5 times and it tells me that I must include a last name. It doesn't like me, I guess. :p I tried my birth name and my pen name and it still doesn't like R***** C***** or ec Roberts.

Pops
  10. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

try again tomorrow Pops....maybe it just had a hiccup today!

in the meantime over 13000 people signed in just one day....that's very cool! :D