Another PPK question.. with a twist!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buckbailey1, Nov 24, 2009.

1. buckbailey1

buckbailey1 New Member

Good evening all and kudos to a great site. I have been sneaking around absorbing information for quite some time and finally decided to register as i have a question that i have not found an answer to. Yes i have tried searching but alas no luck.

Like all the other posts I have read I too have been left with a PPK (crown over N) sn 867XXX and was curios if it has any value. The twist to this is the slide as i cannot find another picture to match it. As you can see in the pictures it has a silver slide. The slide also has an "N" and i believe that i can make out a stamp above it to be a crown but am unsure. I have been told a range of stories regarding value ranging from it being super rare to it being a parts gun and i would like to get a definitive answer. I hope that you can assist me. Thanks in advance.

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Crown over the N was last used in 1940. You made no mention of any other markings , so on that basis I would guess it was a commercial Model. If asked to guess the DOM I would venture a WAG approximately 1938/39. You won't find any photo matches of your PPK, because when it left the factory it was blued, both the slide and frame. Gold, Silver and Nickle were special options but yours is not one of them. Someone in the past just wanted to add a bit of pizazz and had the slide refinished. Rare? no, parts gun?, not hardly :eek:, It's still a Walther PPK , I think you could get 300 out of it, maybe 350. It's still a pre war PPK and it doesn't look as if it was over polished. Danny, How about correcting any errors OK :eek:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  3. Danny

Danny Member

:)Sorry guys, but I have been moving & just got my internet back. RJ is correct on the slide, it should be blue.With that in mind it is not a collector grade pistol. If the grips do not have any stress cracks on them, I would put 550 on it. Sell the grips on Ebay for 300 & then get a set of after market ones and sell the pistol as a shooter grade one for 300.
    Your pistol was manufactured in 1936. Hope this helps you some?
    Regards
    Danny:)
  4. buckbailey1

buckbailey1 New Member

thanks for the info and clarity. i will be selling this in the near future and wanted to start with a baseline of correct information. you guys rock!

p.s. know of anyone that wants to buy a PPK?:D
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

For 300? How many mags with it?
  6. buckbailey1

buckbailey1 New Member

Hopefully i can get it a bit more than 300 for it. Not sure how much more but hopefully a bit more. I need to do a bit more pricing research then i will post it first on this board then more than likely on "BrandX". Thanks for the interest.