The Firearms Forum banner

Another Smith followed me home today

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  aa1911 
#1 ·
Picked up this 19-4 for 380.00 from a local pawnshop this one i beleive will become my main carry gun this on has a real sweet trigger pull wondering if someone worked on it at sometime

See less See more
#2 ·
You mean followed you home on the 4th....?
As far as the trigger, I doubt it has been 'worked',
as these little sweeties came that way.
Many moons ago, Smith made a very wise decision
to use case hardened trigger/hammer components
and they machine well with smooth results, something
I wish Ruger would adopt on some of their DA's.
Even Taurus has done so on their blued guns.

#9 ·
yuppers... nice smith ya got there.

My ruger revolvers have amazing triggers on them also though; I also did some work on the triggers and both SA and DA are smooth as glass on my SP101 and GP100.

only smith I have here at the house now is the wifey's, a 642 centenial; DAO hammerless, pretty damn good trigger on that too.

#11 ·
yuppers... nice smith ya got there.

My ruger revolvers have amazing triggers on them also though; I also did some work on the triggers and both SA and DA are smooth as glass on my SP101 and GP100.

only smith I have here at the house now is the wifey's, a 642 centenial; DAO hammerless, pretty damn good trigger on that too.
638 is my carry choice.......

#14 ·
sweet. I really like the hammerless/shrouded hammer small frames as a BUG, won't snag on anything on the way out and it will go bang 5 times no matter what! no jams, no nonsense, five shots anytime you need it! Plus you can shove it into someone and not worry about the slide coming out of battery; no hammer to block, only thing that can stop it is if someone actually grabs the cylinder well enough which is doubtful at best.

I always get .357 also, don't much care for 38's although I've shot one hell of a mess of 'em for practice in my dad's chief's special and model 29 smiths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.