Another Smith

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BlackGun, Oct 31, 2003.

1. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

See if we can identify this one! In my lst thread I asked about the 1917 Smith. We just got this one in and it look politically correct. See what you think! What is the vintage, history and value of this one. Looks correct, but what do I know !HUH!

Attached Files:

2. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

politically correct Smith

another one
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  3. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

geesh

OK! I mess up, who doesn't

Attached Files:

4. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

again

one more time

Attached Files:

5. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Looks like a 'Victory' Model S&W Hand Ejector. Does the serial number start with the letter V? Bet it does.

Any other military markings or markings other than the typical S&W rollmarks?

So far, $150-$200. I remember buying them by the dozen for $75 each....
  6. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Yep, the S&W "Victory" model was a wartime (WWII) version of the Model 10 Military & Police. The caliber should be .38 Special.

The U.S. Gov't bought a whole bunch of these and supplied them to Plant Guards, civilian gate guards and the such.

After the war, "Victorys" were sold thru the Defense Supply Commission and had no U.S. Markings.

During the war, a large number of these, in caliber .38 S&W (not .38 Special) were supplied to the British under Lend-Lease.

Blue Book Value:

90% - $350
    80% - $325
    70% - $300

BTW....Colt made a similar gun called the "Commando" which was a parkerized version of the "Offical Police".
  7. BlackGun

BlackGun New Member

The Ser.# does start with a V. Thanks Fella's for the help!