Another take on Obama(not)care

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by armedandsafe, Dec 21, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

They are starting to get it, when you find something like this in the MSM.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20091221/pl_mcclatchy/3382909
    Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
  2. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Good post Pops.
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Requiring me to buy health insurance is a line drawn in the sand they should not have drawn....

gn
  4. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

What he said!
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Bingo!

Listen up, Freddie the Fed...I'm not buying a damn thing that I don't want to buy!:mad::mad:
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I already have Blue Cross/Blue Shield Family Plan, but the newest, and latest news is that my premiums will rise to the tune of around $2,100 per year. Can't afford that! At present I am paying $300 per month (Federl workers plan), and the increase will cause that to rise to $500 per month. Pluss cuts to Medicare for my wife's medicine will cost me even more than the several hundred a month I am now paying. Add to that the tax that I will have to pay for those that will not work, and pay their share, and I'm not sure if I can make it.
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Carver:My wife is retired DOD and our Standard Option BC/BS will go from $357 to $401 a month. Our LTC insurance we bought before we retired and was never supposed to change is going up 33% from $228 to over $300 but hey no COLA raise. Barrach Obama um,um um.

What I would like to know is how much additional revenue will be generated with a 5.4% "high income surtax" and the other taxes that the dems can come back and say we're soaking the rich. Sen Judd Gregg, NH was on Fox this morning and said that this plan will add $2.3 trillion to the deficit over 10 years. Now the first 10 years is 10 years of taxes and 4 or 5 years of benefits. I have a friend that is covered under the VA and he is in a lot of pain with his back and legs. I told him he needs to see an Othopedic Dr. and figure out what the problem is and fix it. He said he has been going to a chiropractor because the VA will send him to San Antonio (over 300 miles away) for treatment. Government run healthcare at it's finest. Just suffer.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. topper

topper New Member

I simply cannot afford any increases in my life at this time. I have had No increase in my retirement check for THREE YEARS. Aside from food, bills, I do not have much left and I still need to pay to the doctors and buy everyday items like furniture, cars, and basic necessities that everyone needs. Where in the hell do these government clowns think I am gonna get the money. I DO NOT have a money tree or a gold mine, although congress must think we all do.
  9. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

My question is _How the Hell do you Fuderal employees get by with such low payments?" Under my state retirement I pay over $900. a month for my wife and me. What gives? Do you all not have as good of coverage BC/BS as my state plan?:eek::mad::eek::confused:
  10. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

What gets me is the rational for no social security increase is that the cost of living has not gone up this year and since social security increases are based on the COL going up 3%, retirees get nada. Are those people crazy? Where are they getting their figures from? My cost of living has gone way up. Gas prices have gone up as have electric rates, water bills and natural gas prices. Food has gone up. Insurance rates have nearly doubled. My license plate fee went up fifty per cent. I'd like to know what hasn't gone up? Maybe consumer electronics. I think big, flat screen TV's are cheaper and computers are a little less than they were last year. Big deal!
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

You will find a way to pay. The IRS is going to be in charge of collecting. Pay or go to jail. You can kill, rob or rape and get light sentences but if you owe the IRS you pay up eventualy, pay masive fines and go to jail. If you can't pay they seize your property and assets.

These tax increases will not be figured into the COLA.

It' kind of like in the movies where the Sherirr of Notingham comes around to collect taxes or under Roman law, if you wern't a citizen, you or your familiy members could be jailed or sold into slavery to cover your debts.