1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Another true cop story

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by petesusn, Feb 23, 2010.

1. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Q: 'Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?'
    A: 'No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.'
    Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'
    A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'
    Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'
    A: 'Yes, sir. With my life.'
    Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?'
    A: 'Yes sir, we do!'
    Q: 'And do you have a locker in the room?'
    A: 'Yes sir, I do.'

Q: 'And do you have a lock on your locker?'
    A: 'Yes sir.'
    Q: 'Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?'

A: 'You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.'

The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was called.
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I believe that.
  3. dpanc60

dpanc60 Former Guest

i would trust a lawyer over a cop anyday..at least you know where the lawyer is coming from.self interest and fidelety to the law..just to cover there ***..cops...hmmm..i know more dirty cops then i know dirty lawyers...and my sister and brothers are lawyers..so maybe i am shaded here..but i went to the police academy in philly..at the urging of some cop friends,and they sold drugs,planted evidence..lol..you name it..i am not painting all cops with that brush..i know quite a few good ones..but they get away with way more then lawyers...
    now small town cops..different story..but that opens that whole door about bullied kids becoming cops...for payback...and mil trained to be aggressive..on a traffic stop..lol..
    being a cop is a weird life choice..i know..i went to the academy..but my mentors were so crooked it was staggering.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

WOW.
  5. dpanc60

dpanc60 Former Guest

that may have come out a bit cynical,i apologise to any cop that was offended,i would have been.
    i know most cops are good guys trying to help society..thats why i went to the academy,thats why i wanted to be a cop..to be the good guy,to help people,to protect people.
    it sucks that i am as cynical as i am,i really believe in right and wrong,and that a person can make a difference for good.
    i think most people that become cops feel the same as i did.
    i know cops that are heroes,that would give their life to protect me!
    i am best friends with a cop(buddy of my good friend)he is awesome,we hang out and bar-b-que,this is an honest,decent man.
    a good friend of mine..a philly cop,risked his life to save 2 kids in a burning row home,he did not have too,but he did.he took them out of a burning home thru a 2nd story window..onto a fire ladder.a real hero.
    now i wont get into details..but this is where i become dissallussioned(sp)this guy drank like a fish..and i wont say what else he did,but if i did what he did..i would have done state time.(not county)
    not to say he isnt a good guy..he is..actually a brave and dedicated guy...but maybe the job has jaded him?
    so i guess i am conflicted.
    would never paint a group witha broad brush..just like i dont think junkies are all scum..some are just astray,but good people that went down the wrong road.
    so i apologise if i offended anyone..just wanted a honest discussion,and nothing is black and white..it just grates me that cops are always heroes and they are always right,and a civilian is always wrong.
    that is not the reality i see.