Another update on my life and reloading....

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Horsky1911, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Horsky1911

Horsky1911 New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Claremont, NH
    Today at work there were announcing the possibilities of lay offs... I just started this job in August and feared I would be the one who got the pink slip. Luckily enough I am not receiving the slip and will be holding my job. Also I mentioned earlier in a post about stuff I got at an estate sale. I ened up selling 2 presses and some of the powder as it did not suit my needs. I was also going to get a blue press for Christmas but a member here led me to the Hornady promotion. The wife and I talked about it and decided that it was the better deal. So last Friday while I was at work she ordered me the LNL AP and a new set of 9mm dies so I could get the 1100 bullets. She just told me today because UPS will be showing up with my new toy tomorrow while she is at work and I am home making dinner for the kids. I about pooped my pants. She not only got me the press but new dies and 1100 bullets. I am going with 7mm for all the bullets as they are the best value. I also moved in October to a new place and no long need to use my step dads house to reload at. So when the LNL AP shows up I will be posting some pics of my man cave. Just wanted to update you all on things as it is a scary world out there and you never know what will happen next.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    Congrats on the new set up and I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

3. Congrats on the new press. I don't think you will be sorry about your choice of the Hornady LNL. I just got into reloading a few months back and ordered the same press. I loaded the 1000 free bullets in 223 and since have loaded few thousand rounds in 9mm and some more 223. Nice press, I am really happy with it. The warranty dept has been good so far too. No serious problems yet, but I did break my small primer seat so I emailed Hornady and they sent me a replacement right away. Same thing with the case retainer spring. Both times free of charge.

4. wixedmords

wixedmords New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Put some money away Horsky, we never know what this winter will bring.

Good luck with the LNL. :)

5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Fort Worth
    Congrats and Merry Christmas to you and the family. Where did you order the press from?

6. Horsky1911

Horsky1911 New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Claremont, NH
    Thanks all. The wife ordered the press from Midsouth as I had already scoped it to being the cheapest place I could find it.... She must actually pay attention to me.

7. 312shooter

312shooter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Las Vegas NV
    Holy Cr*p That is CHEEEEEP! Uh Oh I think maybe I'll slip up and buy one myself. At that price you can almost come out ahead with the free bullets..... Congrats!!!

8. Horsky1911

Horsky1911 New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Claremont, NH
    That is what i said.... the dies are back ordered but The press shipped to my door in 3 days was only $389.