1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Another, "what would YOU do" thread

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by hkruss, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

You know the old saying about old guys, don't mess with them they'll just kill you. Defend yourself and sort it out later.

I had a guy come up to my car at a light several years ago in a road rage incident and start beating on my window. I pulled a Charter Arms Undercover Special and laid it on the seat. He saw it and said you going to shoot me as he was walking away. He got back in his car and no more road rage.
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I have had this happen to wife and me here knoxville. I was in the Suburban so I was a little way off the ground but any way I opened the door hard enough to knock him back and then proceeded to kick his ass, He had a partner in the car with him who started to get out till he seeen the wife with my 41 mag pointed at his dome. After it was over with the attacker gon in his car and sped off and we called 911 and delt with the LEO's. We had lived in Knoxville 3 weeks when this happened.
  3. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Tell a man what's right and he knows the difference between right and wrong.
    Kick his a** for doing wrong and he stops doing wrong for a long time.
    :)
  4. Lost One

Lost One New Member

How I would actually react in that situation I dont know, I do know when going through my course that we where taught NOT to shoot in that situation unless it was a car jacking in which case it is legal to shoot here in Utah (hint hint) this was a course taught by the instructor for the Salt Lake city police dept. a deputy sheriff out of Ogden and the head of the Salt Lake airport police (to bad they went out of business they taught a very good course but it was expensive and no one wanted to pay for good training. I would take the course again if they where still around) Their advise was if the car was able to move and you could not get to your gun to secure him in some way and floor it and smear him between the car and whatever else you could, thats what insurance is for.
  5. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

"Oops I ran him over!"
    I like it.
  6. Jester

Jester New Member

In response to the original post:

I would not shoot the man without a warning. I would draw the handgun, aim it so he could clearly see it (even to the point of firing a shot off into the roof of my car if I felt it would save my life), then tell him (very quickly) to stop or I would shoot him.

If he proceeded to hit me after that, I gave him fair warning and it then became self-defense from a potentially lethal attack.

[​IMG]