Another32 Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle Works Revolver question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Fishy Hunter, Mar 22, 2011.

1. birddogo1e

birddogo1e Member

HRF;

Guess what? Went to the Dayton Gun Show today and found another 3rd Model similar to the one described above. Differences are it has a 3" barrel, small grips (chipped), and the SN is I16XXX. It looks like it was originally nickle plated, all of which has been removed and semi-polished. If so, the work was well done. No gouges, scratches or uneven/wavy buffing. Lands and grouves are sharp but there are some dark spots in the bore but no pitting. Additionally, the star on the extracter is bunged a little for one chamber which will lock up the cylindar if starting with that chamber. Start with any other and five good clicks. Cylindar seems to lock up good, at least as good as the 1911. Questions are when made, guess late teens/early 20's, and can good replacement grips and a new/good used extractor be found anywhere? This pistol is well worth putting in good shooting and cosmetic condition if possible as long as it doesn't take an arm and a leg. I know it is not a collectors piece but I take care of my weapons and like them to look and function properly. Appreciate any info you can pass along.

Jim (Geezer) T in Dayton
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Ten years later than the other, made 1921.

Repro grips are available, but another extractor will be tough to find. A good gunsmith might be able to peen or build up the damaged one.
  3. birddogo1e

birddogo1e Member

HRF:
    Thanks again for the quick response. Worked on the extractor star last night and it now cycles all 5 chambers without any lockup. Found a couple places for the grips (Navy Arms, and a gun dealer in Avon, OH. Not looking to get another IJ, that is unless its a nice top break 22lr at a reasonable price. I'll give you some rest for awhile.

Thanks agin

Jim (Geezer) T in Dayton
  4. birddogo1e

birddogo1e Member

HRF:

Numrich Arms not Navy. Took it to the range. Two 5 shot loads = 10 bangs. Happy. happy!

Smilin Geezer in Dayton
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I have .32 S&W ammo for that revolver if you are interested...PM me.
  6. birddogo1e

birddogo1e Member

For 3/2 STA SS;

THANKS KINDLY FOR THE OFFER AND APOL FOR DELAY IS RESPONDING. HAD A "GO DOWN" WITH MY HD AND IT'S TAKEN AWHILE TO GET GOING AGAIN. TRIED SOMETHING I FOUND ON THE WEB ABOUT CUTTING DOWN 32 ACP TO 32 S&W LENGTH AS IT IS A SEMI-RIMMED ROUND. WORKS, BUT THE GUN SHOULD BE TIPPED ON ITS SIDE SO ALL FALL OUT AND DON'T GET CAUGHT UNDER THE EJECTOR.

AGIN THANKS FOR THE OFFER.

GEEZER IN DAYTON
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Very, very bad karma.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013