Anschutz 1450

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by gjlatz, Jan 2, 2009.

1. gjlatz

gjlatz New Member

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice or a solution to this slight problem. After shooting game and vermin with shotguns for over 20 years thought I'd try a .22 rimfire.

I bought myself an Anshcutz 1450 with a scope and parker hale moderator. The rifle is very effective tool for vermin control (crows & rabbits mostly).

To begin with I thought the magazine was past it's best (just through age) as you would load 5 rounds into it and when you pushed the bolt forward to push the round into the barrel it wouldn't go in first time. The round looked as if it wasn't high enough to allow the bolt to push it in the barrel.

I popped out and bought a 10 shot (that only takes 7 rounds) and this was the same sometime after loading up the magazine and pushing into the rifle it wouldn't take the top round into the barrel.

However once you get a few rounds off the bolt takes the round into the barrel no problem????

Hope this makes sense.

Garry
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

It sounds like a mag issue. Maybe the feed lips are bent or need adjusting. It could also be the mag spring. Was the 10 round mag new or used ?
  3. gjlatz

gjlatz New Member

Thanks for the reply shooter45,

The 10 shot mag was brand new....could the feed lips be adjusted?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  4. gjlatz

gjlatz New Member

I had the rifle out today again (the magazines both worked better today) only one or two problems with the rounds not going into the barrel.

I'm currently using Winchester Subsonic Hollow Points. Wondering if changing the ammunition might help?

Garry
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Definately sounds like a mag problem and yes, the feedlips on the mag can be adjusted by a competent gunsmith.
  6. gjlatz

gjlatz New Member

Thanks for the advice.

Luckily there's a gunsmith quite close. Will take a trip down next weekend.

Think I'll try CCI round nose ammo aswell instead of the hollow points.

Garry
  7. sxty9gt

sxty9gt New Member

I was just wondering, where did you buy your magazine and what part number is it?

I also have a 1450 but I have never had a magazine for it.

Thanks,

Tom W.