Anschutz 1613 ?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by seamusgi4szw, Dec 15, 2011.

1. seamusgi4szw

seamusgi4szw New Member

I have got what I think is an Anschutz 1613 but what trigger is this ?
    a long slow pull and then a hair trigger, very much a hair at the end but operates nicely,,,,,
    Don't know how to upload photos so have added attachments, hope this works,,,,,lol :)
    any help appreciated,,:confused:
    Seamus

Attached Files:

2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

3. seamusgi4szw

seamusgi4szw New Member

Thanks for that info, I have went through all the Anschutz douments I can find on the web and none of the triggers look like this one, so I wondering is it an aftermarket and if so, what one?????? :)
    I have just purchased this firearm and being a nosey git I want to know its history etc,,,,, It's still in my friends cabinet as I am in Northern Ireland and my permit is with the police getting the gun attached..
    I want to use it as a base for a .22lr br gun and will purchase a proper br stock shortly. I still have a nightforce scope, rests etc from a previous life in f/tr so that will go on it as well,,
    Lets hope it all works out,,
    Cheers :bleh:
    Seamus
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day and welcome to TFF ! i beleive the trigger is a Double Stage Trigger model 5073

anni make not only very good rifles but some of the best aftermarket target triggers in the world , i've a few here and even the metal cast outter matches

this is a page i did a while back with some mates here for Target Rifle Australia this is a 5073 new model i beleive your is the old model and in that there is no difference but for materials ( the casting is now 6061 T6 alu and the two later set screws , or parts 9 and 10 , are now stainless steel)

http://www.tra.org.au/coaching/triggers.htm

hope this helps

cheers

oh these aint cheap at all now ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  5. seamusgi4szw

seamusgi4szw New Member

G'day Jack
    You are the man,,,,,,, there is always someone to help if we only ask,,,,,
    Thats it, when I get the rifle I will post a photo of the complete gun and maybe you can tell me if it is a 1613,
    I,m looking at Parmoor gun stocks for a stock but not entirely sure if I trust him enough to properly inlet the rifle from the photos, he says he has the inlet for it, but,,,, wee man in me head says stay away,?
    Perhaps you would look at his site, advice needed, perhaps I,m better shooting club bench rest with the std 3p stock as have a badly fitted stock,,,, my own gunsmithing/bedding skills are nil....
    Seamus
    Thanks again,
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

To be honest i would not know a 1613 .. i'm in Australia and unless one was brought in privately they where not sold here to the public 1612 i know well ( aussie version of the 1611) but the 13 was a variant i have only seen on pics folks here or on a dedicated rimfire forum have posted

Seamus , i' know some great smiths , folks i'm in awe of and none of them would say they could inlet a stock from a photo , maybe the gent can , but would you risk it with yours? , i'd be real reluctant , not to besmirch the gent

these are a common target stock folks use here for your style rifle and folks here seek them out and import if they cant get them

this is a blank in the pic ..

http://ahg.anschuetz-sport.com/inde...11&PHPSESSID=c1f45c1b5dc8e3efc82a721edcf607c1

[​IMG]
  7. seamusgi4szw

seamusgi4szw New Member

The 1613 came out between the 1413 and 1813 which is the 3p rifle over here, I,m being unfair to the gunstock maker, he said to send over the photos so he could identify the trigger and action, having seen the photos he now says he has an inlet for the gun..
    I "presume" he means he has made one before and kept the inlet on file,,,???
    But the wee man in the head says watch out.....//////
    Thanks for the help..... Happy Christmas from my house to your house,,,,,
    Seamus
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats making more sense

i have patterns for common rifles here too and being a 3p your in the the old dart i take it ? if he has the inlet pattern for that round action then that'd be ok but double check always eh

let him know the gun is 1613 and the trigger is a 5073 ( just a tad longer in the casting than the standard 5071 ( i'm not sure on the 5071 D sorry ) .. a tad over 3/8" longer if i remember right )
  9. seamusgi4szw

seamusgi4szw New Member

Hi Jack,
    Have been talking to the man, and he seems to know what he's talking about, knew the trigger and knew it was larger, he spoke off having to take an extra bit out of the trigger aperture.
    What ya reckon? nice,,,,

Attached Files:

10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

VERY!!!

if he knows his stuff then your call , do shop around , price differences are amazing in smithing , but dont get cheap and nasty , if this is a example of the guys work its looking fine..
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011