Anschutz .22lr Rifles

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by dianalv, Aug 27, 2009.

1. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Anyone a fan?
  2. WillShootForPay

WillShootForPay Former Guest

I have shot them before and they shoot fine. I do find them excessivly heavy for a .22lr.
  3. slickab

slickab Member

Oh yeah, Only probably the most accurate .22lr made IMO. Try the 1712 sporter, 54 action, medium barrel, one hole at 50 yards. Cuz
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I have a entry level Anschutz Varmint rifle (based on older Type 64 action) with a scope on it. It will outshoot any of my other 22 rifles by a huge margin. And it will do it right out of the box .... no bedding, no trigger work (trigger is two stage completely adjustable for both stages down to the ounces levels), no fooling with exact receiver bolt torquing, or any other modification or adjustments. It shoots great right out of the box. Anschutz rifles are great rifles but they have the price to go along with it. But in this case you get what you pay for. If accuracy is your game in 22 then you have to have one of these!

LDBennett
  5. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

Beautiful rifles. My Grandfather's NRA club house had a range out back and they used Anschutz rifles for compitition. I absolutely loved when they would let me shoot them. I was only about 8 or 9 at the time but I still remember the crisp trigger and beautiful finish.
  6. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Great .22 target rifles. Top of the line sights. Not cheap.
  7. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

i have used the model 1907 every summer since 2000. thats what the rifle range at the local boy scout camp has for the rifle shooting merit badge. i love them. even after i aged out and became a Scoutmaster i always found time to go to the range to shoot them. if i thought for a second they were gonna sell them id be the first in line to buy TWO. mostly because the 1907 is no longer in production:(
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  8. jrg

jrg New Member

I have one, believe it or not an entry shooters rifle. A RSR ordered Woodchucker in .22 Magnum, pretty neat little rifle. The top rifle.

[​IMG]

Has a 3/4" tube Redfield 4x 22 scope on top. Weighs about 4 1/2 lbs. scoped and slung. The CZ Scout below gives it some scale - about a yardstick long.
  9. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

My old Anschutz made in 1963 and still a tack driver.

Attached Files:

10. pawn

pawn Active Member

looks like a 468 garden gun below the others :)
  11. pawn

pawn Active Member

beautiful rifle :D
  12. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I have a 1416. It has nice wood, fine trigger and
    is very easy shooting. I shoot it better than both
    my Remington and Ruger. It did cost as much as
    both, though.
  13. jrg

jrg New Member

Yep, 468 it is. You have good eyes pawn. Been a while since I came back here, sorry for long wait on response.
  14. dianalv

dianalv New Member

I have a Savage Anschutz 164 sporter in 22.lr in mint condition and I love this thing. I've got to get me some more, or I'm gonna shoot the barrel right out of this one. The trigger is so light that if you even think about shooting it, you have.

The 1712 sporter with the 54 action is next on my shopping list as soon as I can afford one. Probably wind up with the CZ 452 Lux first though, just 'cause it's so much cheaper and I've wanted one for a long time. I need a good open sight .22 and I think the CZ is the one.

My dad has been claiming his Browning 52 is the ultimate .22 (same as the Winchester .22. Browning bought the patent), but my little Anschutz out shoots the Browning 52 every time, and it's a cheapie. Paid a lot less for it than my dad paid for his Browning. Just makes his head steam when we go out to shoot and I kick his butt at gun golf. I love it.
  15. Tom

Tom Member

My Anschutz rifles are an old 1411 and a 1407 (wife's gun). I sold my even older 1413. They are super accurate, but I haven't shot small bore competition for nearly 30 yrs.