Anschutz modell match 54

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Bronco Tim, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Bronco Tim

Bronco Tim New Member

Just was given this rifle and have no idea about it or where to turn to find out information and value. Was told that they are used in Olympic shooting. I will try to post some pictures, I know that it has been sitting in a gun case for at least 25 years.

Thanks for any info
  2. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Need more information than that to tell you. What specific model is it? Markings? Anschutz made a lot of variations on the54 action. Some are sporters, some are match rifles.

If it's in good shape and a .22lr, I might be interested in buying it if you want to sell it.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

sounds like a match rifle,

Is the stock adjustable...cheek piece height, length of pull? Thumb hole? Over the years they have added these and more features. As a guess, if non adjustable perhaps a 1411. They were quite common 25 years ago. Pictures as said above will help nail it down. Condition is important to, with regards to value. I have yet to see one of their match rifles that didn't shoot well, and this is the reason they have such a reputation in the target shooting community. The last 1411 I saw sell here brought $800 for a very well used example in some what banged up condition.

Regards, Kirk
  4. Bronco Tim

Bronco Tim New Member

Thanks for all the info, I am posting pics. It is a 22LR any addtional info would be much appreciated. There is a crack in the stock and it looks offcolor.

Attached Files:

5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Looks like a 1413 Super Match rifle. It should howerever have a set of Anschutz apeture sights with it, as they came with them. Looks to be in pretty good shape. I'd say about $1,000 minus the sights, more like $850. If possible ask the giver if the sights might be around. Nice gift though, especially if you want to take up target shooting, as they are still used for this, Just not at the highest levels any more.

Best regards, Kirk
  6. Bronco Tim

Bronco Tim New Member

Kirk

Thanks for the very valuable information. One more question, would this be the forum to try and sell the rifle.

Thanks again for your help.

Tim
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

List it in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum.
  8. dianalv

dianalv New Member

I'm by no means an expert, but I've been shopping for Anschutz match 54 rifles for a few years now. Condition would seem to have a lot to do with the value. A cracked stock would be a deduction, for sure.

An exact and accurate description of the condition of the rifle would be important to any buyer and would help determine an appropriate value.

You might ask the experts on how to describe the condition of the rifle before listing it for sale if you are not familiar with the buying and selling of firearms.
  9. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

YO BT, dial up Rimfire Central an go to the Anschutz site lotsa good info:cool: