1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Anschutz semi-auto changes...

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Fresh20
    (11/4/02 7:23:18 am)
    Reply Anschutz semi-auto changes...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey folks,
    I've got an Anschutz semi-auto. It's a Mod 525 - 10 shot, cast receiver (heavy!), parkerized & blue, take-down, 19" barrel.

I want to shorten the barrel... Who's up to speed on velocity & accuracy trade-offs with reduced barrel length?

I'm going to put a threaded muzzle-can on it.
    This rifle is used to (primarily) shoot the aussie brush-tailed possum, spotlighting over short ranges (less than 50 metres).

Other thing, the barrel slides into the receiver, scope mounts on the receiver... not the best for accuracy. If I atp a cantilever scope mount on board the bbl, then this should improve the whole shootin match? How 'bout tapping straight mounts to the bbl & mounting a long eye-relief scope.... look a little more stupid. Hmmm.

Any recommendations? Your collective wisdoms on this matter.... This was my first rifle - saved for a year at 15!