Ansley H Fox 2607C

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RaggedyH, Sep 25, 2012.

1. RaggedyH

RaggedyH New Member

Hello, I inherited an Ansley H. Fox shotgun and would like to find out its worth. When you open the gun there is a number 2607C. When you take the bottom piece off there is a 2607 with either an I or a 1 under the number. The barrels said Fluid Steel (something - can't make it out) The piece around the trigger has 2607 on it. Top of barrels have "Krupp Fluid Steel Made by A H Fox Gun Co. Phila PA" The side piece has "Ansley H Fox" with two quail and something that looks like a compass. The bottom has a dog and some designs on it.

The stock was redone about 25 years ago (made shorter - I know not a good move). I have a few more pictures if you need to see them. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Is the stock original to the gun? It has at least been refinished and recheckered, but the fitting speaks to a total restock.
  3. RaggedyH

RaggedyH New Member

You are correct it is a new stock (well it was replaced - I didn't word that very well in the original post). It was replaced with a shorter stock.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012