1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ansley H Fox 2607C

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RaggedyH, Sep 25, 2012.

1. RaggedyH

RaggedyH New Member

Hello, I inherited an Ansley H. Fox shotgun and would like to find out its worth. When you open the gun there is a number 2607C. When you take the bottom piece off there is a 2607 with either an I or a 1 under the number. The barrels said Fluid Steel (something - can't make it out) The piece around the trigger has 2607 on it. Top of barrels have "Krupp Fluid Steel Made by A H Fox Gun Co. Phila PA" The side piece has "Ansley H Fox" with two quail and something that looks like a compass. The bottom has a dog and some designs on it.

The stock was redone about 25 years ago (made shorter - I know not a good move). I have a few more pictures if you need to see them. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Is the stock original to the gun? It has at least been refinished and recheckered, but the fitting speaks to a total restock.
  3. RaggedyH

RaggedyH New Member

You are correct it is a new stock (well it was replaced - I didn't word that very well in the original post). It was replaced with a shorter stock.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012