Anti-Gun People Are Dumb

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hogger129, Jan 21, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I don't get why some people are against guns. Some want to outlaw them completely. Some people want to make it where only the military and police have them. Some want it where you cannot use them in self defense. I don't get it. Am I missing something here? Why would anyone want to outlaw guns? These are the same people that say they are good, family people, etc, etc. I guess it's okay to just draw a line through the Second Amendment? A sense of safety is more important than their civil liberties? I'm sure they would soon try to get the police to move to tasers and stun-guns that wouldn't stop all the criminals who would get guns anyway. Then these morons would be all in favor of guns once the criminals move into town. I just don't understand it and it really grinds my gears. Then any time I put some dumb liberal in their place, they say that I am a nutjob or insane or crazy or something because I own a gun and am pro-gun. I guess the Founding Fathers were nutjobs then too? I hope it never comes to the point where guns are outlawed and confiscated. I will be standing right beside the people who want to keep their guns.
  2. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I know what you mean and agree with you 100%. I had a tie pin that I used wear that was in the shape of a 45 1911. One day I am wearing it to work and some girl just went off on me telling me I was one of those gun nuts. I replied to her and asked who she thought she was that she could dictate what freedoms I could have or not have. She finally shut her mouth. For a peace loving people they sure get in your face. Maybe that is why they do not have guns because they can not control themselves.
  3. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Stupid people think that if guns are banned that violent crime would vanish. They are too short-sighted (or just plain ignorant) to understand that criminals would not care about any gun laws and use them anyway.....more so than they are now because they would know that lawful citizens would be unarmed.

Trying to make them understand that would be like trying to teach calculus to an infant.

The real solution to violent crime is simple: Extremely long and hard prison sentences for violent offenders. If someone uses a firearm for a crime, they should be locked away for life or put to death. Period. A person who uses a gun for a crime has already made a concious decision to end another human's life (or at least risk doing so) to commit their crime. They should not EVER get a second chance.....because the victims don't get one either.

An eye for an eye. It's so simple, it's elementary.

Dumb people want to take away the vehicle for the crime, not address the crime itself. Using their twisted mentality, we should ban all knives, sticks, rocks, pieces of rope, water, cars and anything else that could be used as a weapon.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

I went to a gun shop got a t shirt and a zip up hoodie and on the back it says "Guns for the Good Guys" and i wear it all the time no one has said anything to me yet
  5. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

You know what gets me! If guns were out lawed what makes them think that the same people who sell drugs across the border would not go into the black market gun sales. Then only the criminals would have them. Anti gun people are dumb.
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

some of them will be open their eyes after they get mugged or their house gets broken into
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

i guess more or less, i don't like that someone is trying to dictate how i live my life. whether that be politicians or my neighbors. why are there people that think they know what is best for everybody? if someone doesn't like guns, fine. nobody is making them get one. but why do they think it's okay to tell other people what to do?
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

There it is.

Slabsides had it right when he said that the anti's are short-sighted and ignorant. Obama voters come to mind. :rolleyes: :mad:

Art
  9. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

Dumb indeed. Anti-gunners believe that a firearm is the only object on earth capable of ending a life. Firearms have only been around a few hundred years, and I'm willing to bet that people were murdered before the invention of guns :eek: Also their hatred of gun scomes from a general ignorance of the devise. They watch these police interogations or courtroom videos in which the accused murderer's story always end with, " I was holding the gun and IT JUST WENT OFF." And they actually believe that crap! I have never had a firearm "just go off" in my life! Dumb indeed.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Anti gun folks are just like anyone , the majority dont think for themselves and follow either a party or popular line.

Some have been victims of crime or violence and these ones i have genuine feelings for , one lady i met here was so anti gun after a home invasion,
    but when i explained a few things and made her remember her late husband had guns all his life and never commited a crime and that the criminal involved used a illegal weapon fearlessly knowing that lawful people did not have guns she caught on.

Most have been sold a crock of the proverbial

so who's selling this Crock of waste.

Look at who profits.

Big companies who push people to do things they prefer not to do, like Monsanto in south america , they force folks into contract saying thier seeds are better, ut then they have to buy thier fetilizer and other stuff and when they want out they have lawyers say they cannot and when they protest and sometimes with arms Monsanto uses this to disarm them and get thier own way,

The Un wants to force people to vote , they wish to force people to pay unrealistic taxes, force people to buy stuff from other countries when people wish to support thier own economies as they know its false economics

but how do you revolt against a system that has all the guns on one side??
    the big dollar side???

you cant

so they fund lobby groups who blame folks like you and me for the crimes of others that should not be free,but the same folks pushing gun control are pushing revolving door justice for criminals who feel that the worst that can happen is a slap on the wrist with free board and drugs aplenty in so called prisons.

They have educated millions that guns are the cause of crimes , but promote sympathy for homicidal maniacs and the like , child molestors are now protected in jail as are serial killers and serial rapists who use illegally obtained weapons to commit thier heinious acts

this is the palisade of lies

they say lets get tough on guns so a man here ( Oz ) who hid his guns and denied he had them can get 10 years as a minimum fixed sentance ( no parole) but a criminal who invades your home with a handgun smuggled into the country , rapes your daughter and is later caught gets 4 years on the bottom and 5 years top ( meaning parole after 4 years ) so the criminal act against a lawfull family discounts the crime of unlawfull possesion because we must "feel sorry that this low slime was forced to do this " he did not mean it, its societies fault he did not get a even break, but the man who hid a gun "Planned his crime and deceived everyone"

this is the bias they place on lawfull peoples compared to criminals

these laws are brought in buy lobbyists

but lobbyists dont work for free

they are paid to do this and set up lobbying firms to collect these funds to tout the line the people paying want them to tout.

look at Obama's lobbying group

pro homosexual
    anti gun
    anti free speach
    anti justice for criminals ( light sentances or alternatives to long sentances like councelling)
    pro revolving doors legal practices

pure bloody evil in my book but where did the money come from ??

you?? no

me ?? no way jose

big corporations?? most of it yes

which ones??

find out and you'll see a pattern

Monsanto wants to control food

others want to control energy or oil

others want to control resources

but to control these things they have to have control ov er people and how do you control a free people??

you cant, unless you scam the people into giving up thier freedoms

hence the brain washing ideas and lies these lobbyist promote

do not fall for them send letter to your lawfully voted representative saying if they even meet lobbyists they'll be voted out

threaten them with legal action for bribery from those who wish to take away your rights

write to the donators of funds to these clowns and thier lobbyist mates and say you will sue them for acting against your rights under your constitution

when the money is no longer there do you think the lobbyist will work for free?? no 98% will dissappear and chase ambulances or whatever scum like these do for a living

fight them at the core, expose thier practices to the world and 98% of the bleeding heart anti gunners will realise they where conned.

then it will stop and you, your family and your constutional rights will be safe

another long winded blast i know, sorry, but most of the anti gunners are like you and me , they have just been conned , the rest , blatant fools idiots or far far worse, part of the evil that wishes control over what is currently a free society,

YOU

cheers

jack
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  11. larryg

larryg New Member

While I agree completely that longer sentences are needed I believe life terms or the death penalty for using a gun in the commission of a crime is a bad idea because the criminal has no incentive to not kill all possible witnesses (Why leave any witnesses). Now if they shoot in the direction of the victim(s) I would fully support the death penalty irregardless of the victims outcome.

Per the LEOs that ran my CCW class in Ohio the use of a gun adds 3 years. This is appalling and needs to add much more, maybe 10-20 years. This would give at least a little incentive to not use the gun and if they still do it leaves some room so hopefully the victims will survive.
  12. petesusn

petesusn New Member

I don't know. It seems to me that these people are the ones who will sue the police for not being there to save them.
  13. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

While I respect your opinion, I still stand firm. If a criminal knew that his taking of another's life with a firearm would 100%, definately result in his own demise, I feel it would be a wonderful deterrent. These days with current laws, one can plan out a violent robbery and end up killing an innocent citizen in the process and only serve a few years....getting out early with good behavior and prison over-crowding, etc.

BS! You take a life unlawfully, yours should be taken as well.

One thing we can all agree on is that the system is broken. Not enough punishment for criminals. I would really like to see more and more responsible people start to carry a gun on a daily basis and train to use it regularly and start taking out some of these d-bags.
  14. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

My thoughts exactly!! A life for a life, plain and simple, and FAIR!!!!!! You commit murder and confess or caught red handed, you die, perod, no trial, no lawyers. Now I know there's some bleeding hearts out there, come on, let me have all the excuses why they deserve to live, lmao!!! Oh and while I'm on a roll, I also dont believe you can rehabilitate child molesters either, so, same treatment, killem all!!
  15. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Agreed. The ones who do get a trial should stand on a trap door when the verdict is read. Judge should have 2 gavels, one for guilty and one for not guilty. The guilty one should trigger the door to swing open and send them straight to hell.
  16. joewayne

joewayne New Member

My pencil is the reason for misspelled words!!
    That sounds about right.
    If these DA`s would only realize that the ONLY reason this country is STILL FREE is because all the terrorist and other countries KNOW we still have personal firearms and WILL USE THEM IF ATTACKED BY THEM!!!
    Need I say more?
    Don`t think so!!
    Joe
  17. larryg

larryg New Member

Slabsides, I agree completely if they take a life automatic death penalty and much quicker then today. I thought you were talking about just using a gun to commit a crime without shooting, I believe this needs to be much longer then it currently is but still enough room that they have a reason not to kill the victim.

Actually I would even like to go further then just if they take a life, I would like to include if they shoot in the direction of the victim and if anyone except the BG dies for any reason.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  18. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Florida passed a law several years ago. 10,20, life. If a gun was used in a crime, 10 years would be automatically added to the sentence. If someone was shot, 20 years were added and if anyone was killed, it was automatically life in prison. Sadly, I have yet to hear of it being implemented. Prisons are over crowded. No money is available for building and staffing new prisons. Judges are reluctant to impose harsh penalties and there you are!
  19. larryg

larryg New Member

Sounds like Florida is on the right track, Ohio is 3 years for using a gun which is a joke, I don't know what if anything is added for shooting and killing.

I wonder how many of the prisoners are in for non-violent drug offenses with mandatory federal sentences. I would much rather see violent offenders locked up myself.
  20. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Educate them... Click on the links in my signature and READ. YOU need to be the best advocate you can be in order to inform these people. I'd particularly refer you to the Gunfacts 5.1 link. It's FILLED with myths about guns and a corresponding counter point.

We can't just continue to call these people 'stupid' when all that does is strengthen their resolve against guns. Educate them as best you can. If they're not willing to listen, they will at least be shown that pro-gunners can defend their stance.

Simply calling them stupid is as bad as them saying, 'guns should all be banned' with no supporting evidence as to why. If intelligent dialog, even if it's only one-sided cannot be started then I don't know how we'll convince them of anything. WE have to do OUR part.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010