1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Anti Gun

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by carver, Aug 16, 2008.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    http://www.realtree.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-931.html

Here is a list that will give you a fair idea of which organizations, or Companies, that donate money to, or at least support in some fashion, Anti Gun Organizations. Some of these companies only lend their names in support of anti gun legislation or the organizations that are trying to rid this Nation of firearms. Check it out!
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Thanks for the link. Personally I would like to see an up to date list as a lot can change in 3 years. But then again, it's only 3 years old.

Thanks again

Edit: They forgot to add circle K to the list.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. myfaforumname

myfaforumname Former Guest

"fair idea", "at least support in some fashion" "Anti Gun Organizations", "anti gun legislation"

Fair idea. That means really no accurate idea. Support in some fashion? How and in what fashion? Act as a supplier? Do business with? What exactly do you mean here? Anti-gun organizations? In what way? What do they support? A company who's CEO notes that people convicted of felonies should not be allowed firearms. That would fall under what you are saying. Define what organizations, what would be reasonable, what not and why. Anti-gun legistlation? What kind? It could be argued that cuts in welfare would be an anti-gun bill as someone somewhere would use this money to buy a gun or ammunition.

Please give an actual idea of what you're talking about here? Also, boycotting organizations listed, such as the American Bar Association might make doing things like buying a house rather difficult.

Some actual details here would be nice.
  4. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I see the A.H's. Ben and Jerry's is still out there.....They're still defending Mumia who was convicted of killing Officer Faulkner.

Support your cops. Put a blue ribbon on your antennae and don't buy Ben and Jerry's.

Oh well, thanks for bumping this back up!:cool:
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Some people have testicles and aren't worried about things being difficult in order to protect their values.

Scary thought but I agree with you. That is why I ignore most of these things. Absolutely needs citations and proof to back them up. SOME I do know of for a fact and so avoid them, but blanket lists like these do nothing for me.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I don't know if the linked site is reliable, but it does give a lot of these details. The final sentence of the introductory paragraph says, "All have officially endorsed anti-gun positions."
    I don't trust sites like this, either, but I at least read them before attacking them.
  7. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Your job as a responsible gun owner and if you are a pro-second amendment advocate, is to investigate what you don't know and either prove or disprove what has been reported.

For example and as I've stated before, to this day I will belittle anyone who buys Ben & Jerry's ice-cream while explaining to them what they are supporting.

Ben & Jerry's and Mumia Abdul Jamal, Owner Ben Cohen has donated monies to the defense of Mumia. As you read the list (link) supplied by Carver, you will see a consistent theme of the far left.
  8. cohoskip

cohoskip New Member

Summer: Chimacum, WA; Winter: Casa Grande, AZ
    It appears that it would be a much shorter list if those pro gun companies and celebrities were listed... ;)
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Coho:

That actually is a very good idea. Why doesn't someone post a list of the good guys.
  10. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    I get the milksop metro types that don't like guns; they have no intestinal fortitude and are afraid of the uncontrolled masses. Ok, they are wrong, but it's in their character.

The ones that I detest are the action hero actors that make their money by presenting a tough and self reliant persona, usually with gun in hand. Yet if they had their way the rest of us would be sheep in a world of wolves. It's a complete farce.