Antique 4 Bore Muzzleloader Value ??

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

I have a Lewis & Tomes 4 Bore , Double Barrel , Percussion , Smoothbore Muzzleloader . The gun weighs 23 lbs. The barrels are 33 inches long with 1 inch bores . The Proof Marks are from the Birmingham Proof House mid 1800's . It has an inlayed stock , fancy engraving on the locks etc. and 2 gold bands at the top of the barrels . As far as condition , I don't have the knowledge to tell you about blueing and that sort of thing, I would rather send you the pictures and let you decide for yourself. In order to send them I need an e-mail address to send them to since that's the only way I know how to send them . My e-mail address is lmucheer@hotmail.com . I check my e-mail a couple of times a day and will be more than happy to send them to you right away.

I have traced the gunmaker and know that history . I will be glad to pass that on to you as well . Lewis happens to be the son of G.E. Lewis a gunmaker in the U.K. . As you know it's hard to find a 4 bore single and almost impossible to find a double barrel . That's why it is so difficult to place value on the gun . If anyone has any information about the value please let me know , Any guesses will be welcome also please let me know. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Elizabeth
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to TFF! Our forum includes an attachment feature, where you can attach pictures to your posts. When you are typing your post, scroll down until you see a gray bar in the Additional Options area that says Manage Attachments and go through the procedure to attach your pictures. If you have any problems, there's a complete explanation of how to attach pictures in our TFF Members Test Forum. Here's the explanaton: http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=19430
  3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Thank - you for your kind welcome. I also appreciate your helpful information on how to post pictures. I will give it a try.

Best Wishes,

Elizabeth