1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Antique Gun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jb233, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jb233

jb233 New Member

Hi - Can anyone give me a sense of what I have here?

I'm attaching a pair of images - The carved face on the butt of the gun is interesting. It appears, overall, to be in great condition and has initials, R.M. neatly embossed in the metal . . .

Thanks so much -

jb

Attached Files:

2. jb233

jb233 New Member

Anyone?!
  3. red14

red14 Active Member

I've never seen anything like it. Looks pretty cool though. Great pictures.

People are probably trying to research it now.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is, but I betcha that screw in the bottom of the grip ain't original.

Neat little thing, though.
  5. RJD

RJD New Member

I've seen pictures of that type before, not with the face on the butt before. It is most likely a breach loader, the barrel unscrews, add a ball then powder then screw it back together. Might be a reproduction?
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

English flintlock screw barrel pistol. It might be Belgian in the English style. I would need to see the proof marks before I could say much more about it.