Antique Gun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jb233, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jb233

jb233 New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Hi - Can anyone give me a sense of what I have here?

I'm attaching a pair of images - The carved face on the butt of the gun is interesting. It appears, overall, to be in great condition and has initials, R.M. neatly embossed in the metal . . .

Thanks so much -

jb

Attached Files:

2. jb233

jb233 New Member

Oct 19, 2009

3. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    N FLA
    I've never seen anything like it. Looks pretty cool though. Great pictures.

People are probably trying to research it now.

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    I don't know what it is, but I betcha that screw in the bottom of the grip ain't original.

Neat little thing, though.

5. RJD

RJD New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I've seen pictures of that type before, not with the face on the butt before. It is most likely a breach loader, the barrel unscrews, add a ball then powder then screw it back together. Might be a reproduction?

6. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    English flintlock screw barrel pistol. It might be Belgian in the English style. I would need to see the proof marks before I could say much more about it.