antique japanese rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by lowsparks21, Feb 25, 2009.

1. lowsparks21

lowsparks21 New Member

I know it is a japanese matchlock rifle. Any info would be great. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Danny

Danny Member

:) Well since no one chimed in I will give you my personnel thoughts on this weapon.I do not think it is a repro or kit gun but the real McCoy. The interest I have seen from collectos is more to the US & European made guns. I think it will be hard to sell unless you find someone is this area. The best I can suggest is type in Google & find clubs to see if anyone would know. It missing the ram rod is not going to help the value. You could have one of the on line appraisal services to give you a solid figure.
    Not being nosey but where in the world did you find all these goodies? Hope this helps some?
    Take Care
    Danny:)
  3. smausa1

smausa1 New Member

Hello...I would be interested in purchasing this from you. Please send a message.
  4. SteyrAUG

SteyrAUG New Member

I concur that it looks vintage but I have no idea of actual values. Wish I need, that would look very good with my collection of Nihon To.

Add yet another firearm to my "to buy" list.
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

If possible follow the guns history back. If it came from a dealer, can he put you in touch with the previous owner? Where did they get if from? It may be, for example, the sellers grandfather was a sea captain and brought it back and its been in the family as long as can be remembered. Just an example of how a little research can help. Might take no more than some phone calls.